Jan 18, 2011

The Fancy Faves 2010

This post is so looooong overdue and it was almost scrapped when I was still working on it a week into 2011. But I decided that I can't truly start monthly Fancy Faves without an overall look back on products I have loved throughout 2010. This post will essentially set a baseline for future favorites and will cover most of my staple beauty products which will save me from having to repeat myself in upcoming posts and videos.






Shiseido Pureness Foaming Cleansing Fluid
This is my holy grail face wash and I use it every morning and every night for cleansing my face. It's great for my oily skin and for makeup removal...even though it doesn't state that it is a makeup cleanser.

MAC Oil Control Lotion
This is my ultimate oil control solution. I use this as my only moisturizer and primer in the summer months and with an additional moisturizer/primer for the drier winter months. It's great for oily skin and keeps the shine at bay.

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
I grabbed this when it debuted at the end of summer and I wish it came out sooner. It is the ultimate foundation for oily skin since it stays semi-matte and shine-free for 8+ hours. This is my everyday foundation.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
I have heard about this foundation for months but was out off by the price. I finally gave in and bought it and I am glad I did. It's a great natural looking foundation without SPF so it's great for pictures. I reserve this for special occasions because of the high price.

MUFE Full Cover Concealer
This is my holy grail undereye concealer. It has great pigmentation for full coverage and dries quickly without settling into fine lines. It's also waterproof and budge-proof so it stays put all day.

Benefit Powderflage
I use this for my undereyes to brighten the dark shadows. It's the perfect light pink powder that works on all skintones for just the right amount of highlight.

MAC Blot Powder
Another one of oily girls' best friends. This is perfect for setting foundation and getting rid of shine throughout the day.

MUFE Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser
This is the best cream makeup remover for waterproof makeup. This is perfect for sensitive eyes and does not leave a greasy residue behind. It's great for fixing makeup mistakes because there is no oily residue.

NARS Eye Makeup Remover
This makeup remover  is great for eye makeup removal including waterproof makeup. It does leave an oily film behind so I only use this at night for hard to remove makeup.





NARS Smudgeproof Shadow Base
This became my go to eyeshadow primer simply because it's great when using cream bases such as paintpots. Cream shadows glide over this primer without tugging on the skin. It also ensures that eyeshadows last all day with fading or creasing.

MAC Layin Low Paintpot
This is my go-to eyeshadow base. It's a perfect matte neutral base that works well for most looks and works especially well with bright eyeshadows. It evens out my skintone and helps with the color intensity of my eyeshadow in addition to helping them last all day. It's discontinued but Painterly is a good substitute.

Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow 
This is a must-have for me for blending out eyeshadows in the brow bone area. I think everyone should own a matte skintone eyeshadow shade because it's perfect for blending out harsh lines as well as for fixing mistakes.

MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow
This is the perfect highlight shade for my skintone and works for a variety of eyeshadow looks. It's shimmery without being to frosty and overwhelming.

Bare Escentuals All Over Face Color in Clear Radiance
This also became a go-to perfect highlight shade for my skintone and works for a variety of looks. It's the perfect light pink shimmery highlight that also helps with blending.

Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner
I fell in love with this liquid eyeliner pen after The Makeup Show in NYC. It is a great felt tip liner that is not harsh on the lash line and lasts all day. Creating a winged eyeliner look is super easy with this liner. It's waterproof and smudge proof and never flakes.

MUFE Aqua Cream Colors
Make Up For Ever debuted these fabulous Aqua Cream Colors in summer 2010 and they took the market by storm. These are fabulous products and are perfect for use as eyeshadows and eyeshadow bases. They are budge-proof, waterproof and smudge-proof in addition to be versatile - use for lips, cheeks, eyes!
 
NARS China Blue Eyeshadow
This is by far my favorite navy blue eyeshadow. It's smooth and highly pigmented and is great for darkening the outer V for blue based looks. It also creates the perfect navy smoky eye.

NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow & MAC Stud Eyebrow Pencil
These are my go-to products for my eyebrows. NARS Coconut Grove is the perfect matte blackened brown that goes well with black hair. MAC Brow Pencils are ideal for filling in the brows and are easy to use.

Wet 'n' Wild Products
Wet 'n' Wild blew me away this year. I am obsessed with their Gel Eyeliner in black which is rich and creamy. It applies smoothly and opaque in one swipe and has never dried out on me yet. The Wet 'n' Wild Palettes (original) also won me over this year. They are fantastic quality for the price and have great color payoff. My fave was the Vanity Palette because of the great neutral options.

Sugarpill Cosmetics
Sugarpill Cosmetics was an indie brand that took my breath away last year with their bright vivid colors and great quality. The products are highly pigmented and intense and surely filled a gap in the beauty industry. I fell in love with Absinthe Loose Eyeshadow, Flamepoint Eyeshadow, Buttercupcake Eyeshadow and Royal Sugar Loose Eyeshadow.

Magnolia Makeup 
Magnolia Makeup stepped out onto the scene and into my world later in the year. They made quite an impression on me with their vivid colors and high quality pigments. I fell head over heels for Mystique Eyeshadow, Green Tea Eyeshadow, Chlorine Eyeshadow and pretty much all of their glitters!



 
MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Lipsticks
These lipsticks are MUFE's newest lipstick formula and debuted in summer 2010. The formula is fab and long-wearing without being over-drying. I fell in love with Shades #31 and #39.

MAC Blooming Lovely Lipstick
This was (and is) my favorite light purple pink lipstick. Wish it was limited edition! it came out with the MAC Liberty Of London Collection.

MAC Brave New Bronze Lipstick
This was my favorite go to nude color throughout the year although it was from the MAC Style Warriors Collection in summer 2009.

MAC English Accents Lipglass
This was also from the MAC Liberty Of London Collection and is the perfect creamy pink lipglass.

MAC Frankly Fresh Lipglass
Also from the MAC Liberty Of London Collection and is the perfect creamy nude coral lipglass to pair with coral lipsticks.

UD Revolution Lipstick
This was my fave red lipstick for the season...for a girl who doesn't do red this was a standout color AND formula!

Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque
How can you not love this liquid lipstick? It's Chanel! It's bright juicy red! And it's just fabulous!

MUFE Sculpting Kits
These are just fool proof contour and highlight kits that is perfect for any skintone. It's finely milled, matte and neutral colored so you can avoid looking too orange, too shimmery or dirty.

MAC Bite Of An Apple Blush
Aaaah! This came out with the MAC Venomous Villains Collection and sold out fast..for good reason. It is adds the perfect natural flush of color on the cheeks and works for almost all skintones.

MAC Coygirl Blush
This was my fave soft pinky purple cheek color. It gives a nice pop of cool pink to the cheeks without being too barbie pink.

MAC Gingerly Blush
For my skkintone is the best neutral blush. It goes with any look and just adds very subtle color to my cheeks.

MAC Petticoat MSF
The prettiest highlighter for my skintone. It's a great golden pink that is not overly shimmery or sparkly.




Sigma Flat Top Kabuki Brush F80
This is the only brush I will use for my foundation. There are similar brushes out there but for the price and quality this one is top notch!

Sonia Kashuk Domed Eyeshadow Brush
If you want a great and affordable brush, try to grab this one. It's cheap and great quality. I use it for cream products, crease work and blending. Perfect!

Paula Dorf Eye Definer Brush
I will never ever do my eyebrows without this brush. Enough said!

MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
This brush covers large areas and blends out harsh lines like an eraser. It's synthetic so it works well with cream products as well.

MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
This is a smaller version of the MAC 252 Shader Brush and works just as well but for more detailed work. The defined shape helps with creating sharp edges and lines.

MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
No one should live without this eyeshadow brush. I know there are claims for dupes but nothing measures up. It's dense but soft and great for packing on intense colors.

MAC 217 Blending Brush
Again, this is a brush I think no makeup lover should be without. It's the perfect blending brush with just enough firmness to do a great just yet it's still soft enough to give a great blend. It does the work almost on its own.

Instyler Rotating Hot Iron
This has been my hair savior for the last year! I was skeptical when I ordered it but I figured if it didn't work I could always return it. Now I never want to live without it. It's quick and easy and leaves my hair shiny and fabulous!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,

    This list is great and helpful...I've purchased several items so far :).

    I'm glad to see that Wet N Wild made your list! I thought I'd definitely see Inglot on here, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Libra. Wet 'n' Wild did great last year for sure. I LOVE Inglot but I guess I didn't use them as much last year. They were my love of 2009...not that I still don't love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tina

    Where do you get Inglot products?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fatana: If you live in NYC they located nr 42nd Time Square. But I think they take phone orders. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mercedes: Thank you so MUCH!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tina!!My name is Fatana though :D Can you do a blog post and name you MAC shadows....Just their names?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mercedes. U r right on the money.

    Hey Fatana. Mercedes is right. Hre's a link for more details. http://thefancyface.blogspot.com/2010/09/inglot-cosmetics-eyeshadows-and.html

    Hey alizbeth_orea. LOL! Nope I didn't really forget mascara...I just didn't have a fave last year. I went back and forth with so many I lost count. I couldn't honestly say I had a fave. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tina
    I had a question about the MUFE concealer. I know on your video you use shade 12 & 14...would you recommend getting both? We're about the same color, I'm Nars Tahoe and Mac nc45 as well. I was thinking of getting shade 12. I only use concealer under my eye if that helps....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ouli. Just get Shade 12. Shade 14 is a little darker and more red toned. Shade 12 is easier to blend in with NC45.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with you about the Wet n Wild products. I was completely blown away by the Color Icon palettes. Lust was my favorite and Vanity was a close second. I love the WnW cream and liquid liners too. Bare Escentuals is another must have IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list! ;) I totally agree with you on the WnW products, they're amazing and yet so cheap! I love them! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>