Jan 11, 2011

'Glorious Dalliance' Look

'Glorious Dalliance' Look

First off I had no idea what Dalliance meant...so off to Google I went. It means "a flirtation or flirtatious episode, or an affair". How scandalous! LOL! So between Dalliance and Sex-Pectations I can say MAC is getting more sassy with their products names. I love that! : )

Anyway, I must Dalliance is another must-have from the Peacocky Collection even though I bypassed it initially. This color is seriously unique and the texture is divine and a dream to work with. And I have already declared my love my Pure Luxe Glory Pigment but I will say it again! LOVE!

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the lid and tearduct area I applied MAC Dalliance Mega Metal Eyeshadow (frosted champagne). MAC 242 Shader Brush
Next on the outer lid I applied Pure Luxe Glory Pigment (matte intense navy). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush

For my lower lashline I used the Pure Luxe Glory Pigment (matte intense navy). Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Benefit Babe Cake Eyeliner (matte black). MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Smashing False Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Yash Lipstick (matte nude) topped with MAC Super Kissable Lipcolor (creamy nude).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MUFE #12 Sculpting Blush (matte cool pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.

 




13 comments:

  1. ver VERY pretty! I love the eyes especially!

    theroyalblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautiful skill! However, I've been reading your blog for a while, and all your looks seem to be the same for a lack of a better word. Same technique that is, with a variation of colors. I would love to see you use a different technique with maybe a lighter hand that we could all use, and possibly learn to do ourselves? I find this technique difficult to master, even with tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Leah!

    Thanks Aficionado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous. U r almost right. Most of my looks use the same technique. There have been a few different techniques sprinkled in as well. It's just my personal preference and what I like on myself. I know it may not be suitable for everyone but I prefer bold over subtle.

    I really don't post my light simple looks mostly because they are so simple that there is really nothing to them. I know I have posted a few basic looks but not as many as my bold looks.

    I'm not sure what kind of looks or techniques you would like to see. Please let me know what you mean and I may be able to work on it. Otherwise I encourage you to go with what you prefer or what you are comfortable with. I just post looks for fun and inspiration but not as the end-all-says-all for people to replicate. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove this look, I keep giving u props when u do a smokey so I see more sexy smokey looks (though all ur looks are sexy, lol). And that Yash lippie is nude lip perfection on u.

    I think MAC has a while before it pulls a NARS in naming their products, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful as always hun,love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted a comment earlier today and for whatever reason it didn't post... So here I go again!

    First and foremost you did a phenomenal job (as you always do).. secondly I agree with you when you said "It's just my personal preference and what I like on myself." - at the end of the day, it's about doing what works best for you. I have found two looks that work for me, and I am also working on perfecting your look (which is challenging... but I can appreciate a good challenge) Any who, I say keeping doing YOU, keep sharing with US!

    Now I have a question ---- I am working hard on my precision/definition I'm wondering if precision comes with practice or skill? or does it come with the proper brush? or is a combination of the two?

    Oh, and one more question! lol I have issues with midday frown lines appearing in my foundation at the area between my brows, know matter how much I touch up throughout the day I always have my faithful frown lines, and it drives me crazy! I'm wondering if you or any of the other ladies have a suggestion regarding my frown lines (other than STOP FROWNING!)?

    Thanks in advance!

    Signed,

    Teal (aka faithful lurker turned commenter)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Saadeh my luv. I'm starting to embrace smoky now esp. since it's winter. I'm loving Yash for my ultimate nude. LOL...yes MAC is a long way off from Orgasm and Deep Throat for sure. LOL!

    Thanks so much Sher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Teal! I think we all have our own style and what we think works best on ourselves. It will be different from everyone else because hey we all have different faces and eyes anyway. I will never stop sharing as long as you guys will have me :)

    Precision comes with a combination or the right brush and practice/skill. I learned this over time I must admit. Like for my brows I could fill them in just fine but it wasn't until I got the Paula Dorf eye definer brush that I was really able to do it quickly and with better results. And the same for my foundation...yep I could blend it in but the Sigma F80 saves me time and effort now. I guess it depends on what you are going for but the right brush really matters plus as u practice and get used to the technique the result will improve for sure.

    I get the same problem with my smile lines around my mouth. It drives me nuts! I wouldn't recommend adding more product in that area but rather less. And using a line filler in that area will help too. I tend to buff my foundation really well in that area and use a very light hand. That way there is less product there to crease. In addition the foundation matters too...like my NARS Sheer Glow is more prone to creasing than my MAC Pro Longwear. I suppose there is no real fool-proof solution. Curses! LOL! Anyone else know what we can do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tina!! Please keep sharing your makeup looks with us :) This is my favorite blog!

    I love this look; its super pretty. Are you having a tutorial for this look? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Klarissa hon! U r so sweet! :)
    I wasn't planning on a tut but I just might now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is gorg! I just love your looks..I picked up Dalliance too. Love it! Pls keep the looks coming with the eyeshadows..so many ideas of how to wear them. Thx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>