Jan 26, 2011

'Electric Chain Link' Look

'Electric Chain Link' Look

It's about time I used some of the Rock & Republic eye colors I picked up right??!!! LOL. Yes I think so!
This look is a very simple smoky silver with a pop of blue which I am really loving. Oh...and I am having a (re)affair with MUFE HD Foundation. It really gives a flawless finish and looks great in pictures.

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. No additional base.
COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied Rock & Republic Chain Link Eye Color (shimmery light silver). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the I applied Rock & Republic Nailed Eye Color (shimmery silver). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the outer lid and crease I applied Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eye Color (matte black). Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used Rock & Republic Spy Eye Color (shimmery nude). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eye Color (matte black) - OUTER and Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eye Color (shimmery blue) - INNER. Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Demi Pixie False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Vanity Fair Lipcolor (creamy pink).

Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Primer. I used MUFE HD  Invisible Cover Foundation in #173 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MUFE #10 Sculpting Blush (matte pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



15 comments:

  1. I love the gray shades with pink lips! And the touch of blue on the lower lashline is just perfect. Glad u're loving MUFE HD again. I have 6 fondation bottles in rotation and nothing photographs as well as HD for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makeup look as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love the pop of blue (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. those rock and republic shades look great and vanity fair l/s is hot on you, its my fav pink on u

    ReplyDelete
  5. No offense but u have been doing more toned down looks lately and I like them much better. Very flattering and u look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could definitely rock this!! BOOM!!!

    http://shadespromakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mercedes "PicassoEyes"January 26, 2011 at 7:01 PM

    Hey Tina: I really enjoy your bright and creative looks. I kind of think neutrals are so easy to pull off. Regardless you look great in both but I do enjoy your bright & bold looks. BTW,you can repair your cracked shadow with rubbing alcohol. Go to you tube and search it. It will be back to new. I want to see more looks with Magnolia! Tootles gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful!

    I love how the eyes and lips are bold but everything else is really light and fresh! Where'd you purchase the lipstick?

    I just started a blog ---> http://angelodisogno.blogspot.com/ <---and was hoping you'd stop by, comment, follow or something :-D God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very beautiful as always hun,Looooove it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Saadeh. U r right! I like greys and silvers with pink...maybe a Valentine's Day look? Inspiration! I have 6 bottles too..LOL. MUFE HD photographs so well. Now that I lost my tiny tan it matches my skin very well too.

    Thanks Thess. I actually was surprised that the blue was so vibrant. It looked brighter in person. Loving it.

    Thanks so much Tanisa!

    Thanks Arezu. The blue looked really bright in person. :)

    Thanks so much KayKay. I like that Vanity Fair is such a bright pink but subtle at the same time because of the finish. And it stayed on for a while too which was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Shannon. No offense taken. Each person has their own preference and I know a lot of people prefer subtle looks. I like to have fun and wear bright colors but it's not for everyone. I do more bright looks esp. for the blog but when I have little time I go for simple looks. I like both subtle and bright looks...I just don't love neutrals. Heee heee!

    Thanx naatajla.

    I can see u in this Olivia. Even the lips... :)

    Thanks so much AngeloDiSogno. The lipcolor is from the recent MAC Peacocky Collection.

    Thanks Jana honey.

    Thanks so much Sher dollface!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Mercedes. I love bright looks and I like subtle looks. I don't do a lot of neutral looks but I agree that they are really easy to do and to pull off. Rather than do a neutral look I will just go out with a fresh face. I know it may sound weird to some people but instead of taking time to do a neutral look I will just go with a plain face (same result in my eyes).

    I find that re-pressing a cracked eyeshadow with alcohol gives it a diff. texture in practice. I just leave it as is and work with it as a loose powder. LOL...maybe it's just me...and it's all in my head. But it's not too bad to use the R&R one as is...cracked and all. :) Thanks for looking out hon! U rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>