Sep 21, 2010

Wet 'n' Wild ColorIcon Palettes - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...

Wet 'n' Wild ColorIcon Palettes - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...




COLOR ICON™ EYESHADOW PALETTE
Glamour-eyes from day to night! Each complementary shade can be mixed-and-matched for a variety of day-to-night looks. These palettes of 3 matte and 3 highly-pigmented effect shades are sure to please the shade sassy minimalist and enthusiast alike!


                 246 Greed                             247 Pride                         248 Lust              
       
              249 Vanity         
 
So I went to Harmon's yesterday to grab a new Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner and noticed their ColorIcon Palettes and I was intrigued. I picked up two of them (Greed and Vanity) because of the simple neutral colors. Afterall you can never go wrong with having neutral staple colors in your eyeshadow arsenal. 
 
My Four Ps
 
Price  
These retail for around $4.99 at many drugstores, beauty supply store and even supermarkets (Pathmark). That's quite a steal for a palette of 6 eyeshadows - less than $1 each. Plus you may be lucky to snatch these up at a 'buy one, get one free' sale. Even if you use only one of these eyeshadows it still works out cheaper than all the high end brands plus it's still on the cheaper end of the drugstore brands. Thumbs up for price.
 
Packaging
This is a simple clear lid black palette with six eyeshadows and with two included applicators. The package is drugstore quality so don't expect great quality here. It is functional but not flimsy and should be able to endure normal handling. The snap tab that is used to close the palette is not the strongest but it holds it closed well enough for light travel. I would be careful not to drop it though because I can see it breaking with that kind of impact.
 
   249 Vanity              246 Greed 
 
Product
The palette comes with six shades as stated before - 3 matte and 3 shimmery shades. The colors are well coordinated and can be mixed and matched for a variety of looks. This color combinations are great because they include darker crease shades and great highlight shades in addition to the central colors.
 
What surprised me was the creamy consistency of the mattes shades. WOW! These are so soft and creamy and pigmented! These rival ANY of the top brands out there for sure. Dare I say these are similar to or even better than the MAC Matte2 finish. The shimmery shades are great as well but I would say they are not as pigmented as the mattes.
 
 249 Vanity         

  246 Greed 
 
The two applicators are throw-aways as far as I am concerned. There's a small sponge tipped applicators and a small brush. I consider these just for decorative purposes.
 
 
Performance
I already used some of the eyeshadows in a look today and I was just happy as a clam working with the eyeshadows. They applied beautifully, held up in pigmentation and rocked my socks! The two lighter shimmery shades from the Greed palette are so-so and come off as a golden sheen rather than the color you see. Other than than that all is well. The mattes are perfection and I think I will be using these a lot. May need to check out the single when I get a chance.
 
All around great palettes especially for the cheap price. I love these and highly recommend them.

 249 Vanity       
Dark red-based Brown / Creamy Camel  Light Beige
Frosty Bronze / Yellow Gold / Icy Champagne 

 246 Greed
Black / Creamy Coral Pink / Light Beige
Black with Silver Shimmer / Icy Gold Pink / Icy Golden Lavender 

11 comments:

  1. I love the vanity palette, greed not so much. They are pretty good for the price. I just read that they are coming out with limited edition palettes and one has a matte red, can't wait to pick that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all four and they definitely get a lot of use, especially the mattes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome review! can't wait to snatch these up on a bogo! thank you for sharing Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have the Lust palette and I LOVE it, the mattes are great. I have another smaller palette which I love too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I'm so glad you did this post bc last week I went in to the pharmacy to pick up their liquid liner as well & stopped to check these out but was hesitant to buy them so I never did. But after seeing these swatches and the great review I think I might get some next time. GOOD POST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing review!
    thank you so much,i'm definitely going to buy them!
    Kisses,
    Artemi..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the post! I would have never taken WW to have good shadows. You're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heel mooi. Ik had ze bij boozyshop gezien. Bedankt voor de review. Nu weet ik zeker dat ik ze wil. Hele mooie swatches. Liefs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear that Tee. The Greed palette is great for me because it has a great black and two pinky neutrals which go with my skintone. I will be sure to see what they come out with for the LE palettes.

    I bet they do Danielle. They are great palettes. I think I need check out the other two as well.

    No prob Sha. U know I have to share these great finds with u guys.

    Glad to hear you love these too Robyn. I was pleasantly surprised to find such good quality from Wet 'n' Wild.

    That's great Miryam Oquendo. Go get them! You will not be disappointed at all esp. for the price.

    You r welcome favorisntfair. I have to admit i don't venture into drugstore eyeshadows often. I will get mascara and eyeliner and lip stuff but not face stuff or eyeshadow. I'm glad I did this time.

    Thanks Artemi. Let me know what you think of them when u try them out.

    No prob Kalypso. U should try these out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the review I was really interested in Vanity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Tina, thanks for sharing your ideas, styles and collections!!! I enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>