Jan 3, 2011

'Lemon Meringue' Look

'Lemon Meringue' Look

Happy New Year guys! I can't wait to see what 2011 brings! I have been catching up now on posts, swatches, emails and comments....thankfully. And now onto new looks. To start the year off I went with some new products that I have been trying and that I have reviewed recently. Just letting you guys know...don't sleep on Kat Von D...her products are actually quite good!

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied Kat Von D Skin High Voltage Eye Primer in Skin (matte yellow beige)  all over my lid and MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) on my brow bone as my primary bases. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied Kat Von D Lemmy Eyeshadow (shimmery light lemon yellow). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the I applied Kat Von D Peggy Eyeshadow (shimmery turquoise). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the outer lid and crease I applied Kat Von D Redemption Eyeshadow (matte cobalt blue). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used Kat Von D Redemption Eyeshadow (matte cobalt blue). Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used MAc Plushlash Mascara for my lashes.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE #31 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick (creamy purple pink) topped with MAC English Accents Lipglass (creamy pink).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè Nourishing Moisturizer and Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MUFE #22 Sculpting Blush (shimmery coral pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



2 comments:

  1. that looks so gorgeous, especially up close. love the colors used. the blue is particularly brilliant

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>