Jan 16, 2011

'Touch of Electric Blue' Look

'Touch of Electric Blue' Look

I did this quick look for my family dinner to celebrate my birthday. I'm really loving the Super Liners from Pure Luxe for a really bright pop of color. This kind of look is perfect for those who want to try color but may be afraid of full on brights.


Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Soft Ochre Paintpot (matte yellow beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the lid and tearduct area I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC 242 Shader Brush 
On the outer lid and crease I applied Urban Decay Black Dog Eyeshadow (matte black). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
For the inner crease I applied MAC Notoriety Eyeshadow (velvet brown w/ golden sparkles). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used Pure Luxe Glory Pigment (matte intense navy). Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Pure Luxe Twisted Super Liner (matte bright blue). MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Smashing False Eyelashes for effect.



Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Blooming Lovely Lipstick (creamy light pink) topped with MAC English Accents Lipglass (creamy light pink).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Instant Chic Blush (matte light coral) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and MAC Petticoat Mineralize Skinfinish for highlight - Professionnel Platinum Blush Brush #49.

  

21 comments:

  1. That Pure Luxe Twisted Super Liner is to die for! Shame we don't have it here in the UK.
    Love the look as usual.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful as always hun,looooooove it and that liner i agree with Mercedes lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection! You look amazing. Your eyeshadow looks like it was literally spray painted on, the blending in amazing!! Love this look. Happy Bday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know its so off topic but your hair looks gorgeous! I saw the pics of your hair when you had the angled bob cut. How long did it take to go from that cut to the length you have now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!! Hope you enjoy your evening wid di loved ones! and the LOOK is BEAUTIFUL like always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Tina! Thanks for a year of your wonderful (and helpful) blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAppy Birthday!!! I love that liner! your Lips turned about super cute! Its a perfect color without being overpowering or washed out! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, the look is beautiful. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Tina!!! I hope it was a great one... and you & my bestie have share the same birthday (which only adds to your awesomeness)lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Tina. Since the day I read your comments about L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner I'm really eager to try it (though we don't have it here in Spain), but before I ask someone to buy it for me abroad (I mean, I'll have to buy it before seeing it or trying it by myself), can you tell me how many hours does it stay on your waterline? So far I haven't found anything that works on mine.
    Thanks,
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely amazing!!!! Happy happy birthday.. Wishing u many more birthdays to come! Hope u had a gr8/safe one :)


    P.S. What kind of liquid did u use to apply the "liner"? .. I think this should be a video

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous as always! I love this look on you. I think that pop of color you used really made the look. :)

    http://sacredtohim.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a wonderful birthday, you look amazing, just beautiful and that damn blue liner is to die for I love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really really like this look... Happy Belated Bday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated B-Day (and many, many more :)).

    I love this look - simple yet stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Mercedes. Pure Luxe does international shipping so if u really wanted to try them out u cud go for it.

    Thanks Jen!

    Thx Sher hon. The blue is fierce for real :)

    Thanks .. I think that's y I love mattes so much. They can give an airbrushed look.

    Thanks Candy doll. It will be 2 years in March since I had that short bob. There have been a couple of trims but no major cut since then.

    Thanks so much Anonymous!

    Thanks so much Melissa. U r very welcome. Glad u like it.

    Thanks so much Hershley. This is my fave light pink lip for sure.

    Thanks Anonymous!

    Thanks so much Miss Brina. I had a great time. Happy Bday to ur bestie too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mari. The Loreal HIP liner lasts at least 6-8 hours on my waterline. It is the only one that works for me.

    Thx Jeanette! I sure did!

    Thanks so much Anonymous. I just used water for the liner. I will do a tut for a similar look soon.

    Thanks so much Gail!

    Thanks Tysh my dear. The liner is popping and it's just $2! Chile!

    Thanks so much Angelys!

    Thanks Libra my sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Miss! i live in Paris and i like your style, your are so pretty, so sexy and your makeup it's just beautifuul ! i'm fan!
    it would be possible to have a tutorial for this one!
    kiss Lyah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey girl! Happy belated birthday to my fellow Capricorn friend! :-) I hope your birthday was GRAND!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>