Aug 24, 2010

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipsticks....THOUGHTS and Swatches

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipsticks....THOUGHTS and Swatches


Welcome the Make Up For Ever Rouge Artiste Intense Lipsticks. Make Up For Ever has debuted their NEW lipstick formula in 50 highly pigmented shades.

Count them...50...I said 50 shades of fabulousness! These lipsticks are outstanding and I am so happy I took the trip the Make Up For Ever Boutique in NYC to check these out in person.
From Sephora.com...

What it is:
A highly pigmented, long-lasting lipstick that delivers rich color in one stroke.

What it does:
Formulated with 50% more pigment than the traditional lipstick, Rouge Artist Intense gives an immediate true-to-color result. A blend of three natural waxes, the creamy texture glides on effortlessly for a long-lasting hold. The extensive color and texture range provides unlimited creativity.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
Available in 3 finishes - matte, pearly, and satin - for varying effects.



I picked up 8 shades...and here are my thoughts...

My Four Ps

Price

These retail for $19 each and are 0.12 oz. in size. These are on the cheaper end of the high-end spectrum which is very surprising to me -  NARS is $24, Illamasqua is $22 and Urban Decay is $22. The Rouge Artiste Intense Lipsticks are well worth the price for sure especially since they are cheaper than other comparable brands and the quality is superb.


Packaging

The Rouge Artiste Intense Lipsticks come in a very simple black rectangular tube with a silver top at one end. The inner tube is also silver and cap is secured by indents/dedents which is a great touch. There is a colored label, the same color as the lipstick, on the silver end with the lipstick number and other details.

The packaging is very lightweight but secure and I think that these will travel well because the cap is not prone to just 'popping' off. They are also great for storing because of the colored label - you can identify the color without removing the cap.


Product

There are three finishes - Matte, Satin, Pearl. I picked up shades with only two of the finishes - Satin and Pearl - but I tested the Matte in store.

The Matte and Satin colors are very creamy and well pigmented. The Matte colors are pigmented but as with mattes they can be a bit drying. The Satin texture is creamy but not glossy and lives up to the satin finish reputation. The Pearl colors are also pigmented and creamy but have a slight texture to them due to the added shimmer. The shimmer (read glitter) is not chunky at all but you will still feel the added texture to the lipstick.

There are 50 shades to choose from in all wearable (well I think the orange is wearable) shades. They have a wide range of pinks and purples and reds and wines and burgundy and nudes and browns! This is the first time I have seen such a great selection of true browns in a lipstick range rather than just nudes. And there are great deep shades for the fall/winter season as well. Oh divine!

Performance

Pigmented - YES. Long Lasting - YES. True to Color - YES. Great Texture - YES.

These lipsticks are divine is all I can say and price just right for the quality they bring to the table. The Satin texture is my favorite because it's super creamy and applies like a dream. I wish I had picked up a Matte now that I think about it but alas what to do. The colors are ultra pigmented and feel luscious on the lips. I had no issue with drying from the Satin and Pearl shades (again I missed out on testing the matte on my lips). I will say that the purple shade I picked up took a little layering to get the full on color but it wasn't too bad.

These are now my favorite lipsticks. I can't say I had a fave before but I sure do now. The color clings to the lips without sinking into the creases and lasts for 6 or more hours. The colors are rich and vibrant without being overpowering and I love that there is no over-the-top glossy finish - just simple elegant color.

Overall
These are must-sees if not must-haves. Check them out for sure at Sephora!

Swatches....Read More...

Here are the shades I picked up:
15 (pearly violet)
16 (pearly dark brown)
25 (satin caramel)
31 (satin mauve pink)
36 (satin fuchsia)
39 (satin orange coral)
40 (satin bright orange)
47 (satin dark brown)


                     Top (L-R) - 25, 40, 47, 16            Left (Top-Botom) - 39, 31, 36, 15
                Bottom (L-R) - 3931, 36, 15           Right (Top-Botom) - 25, 40, 47, 16


Lip Swatches....Read More...




15 (pearly violet)
Violetta's bigger and badder sister!

16 (pearly dark brown)

25 (satin caramel)

31 (satin mauve pink)


36 (satin fuchsia)
Move over Show Orchid!

39 (satin orange coral)

40 (satin bright orange)
M'orange who??!!

47 (satin dark brown)



18 comments:

  1. all the colors look great on you
    I like the satin bright orange, satin orange coral & satin caramel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 39! Nice haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi. I love them. <3.

    Liefs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These peaked my curiosity. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree these lipsticks are badass! I got 4 of them (37, 34, 43 and 48) and will prob go back for more. i'm intrigued by 16 but I'm petty sure I wouldn't be able to pull it off. I've never met a brown lipstick that looked good on my complexion. I would LOVE to see u do a look with it though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have 16 too..gorgeous..in your opinion do i need violetta then?i was gonna get it with the vv collection,but maybe i dont need it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANtASTIC post! Loving the lip swatches Tina! & LMFBO @ the captions underneath. Very helpful. & yes, adding several of your faves to my WL. (enabler!) LOL Thanks girl. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx guys. I'm happy to share my hauls and swatches with you for sure. I love these lipsticks. I may have to go back and egt some more. Oh no! LOL!

    That's so funny that we didn't get any of the same ones Saadeh. 16 will be a bit tricky for me to pull off too but I wanted a dark lip and I don't like red so brown was my go to. We'll see how this goes. And they r so BADASS!

    Hey brandy. If u have 16 then no need to get Violetta. They are almost dead on. So unless u love purle lips I say pass on Violetta. Plus 16 is more potent in my opinion.

    No prob Sha. I want to know which ones u get! These r fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fushia one is awesome, so vivid ! It reminds me of "Girls about town " from MAC or am I mistaken ? Anyway, this lipstick color looks very good on our skin tone, I definitely need to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanx for sharing,great post..they all look pretty on y lips I like Satin bright orange,Satin fuschia and pearly violet...all added to my neverending wishlist lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. That #15 & #36 is speaking directly too me! I loves me a bold bright lip. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daaaaaaaamn, 15, 36 and 50 are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guad u r right! It's definitely close to 'Girl About Town'. It's so bright and pretty.

    No prob Sharon. I'm so in love with these lipsticks. We keep adding to our lists right? LOL.

    Favor u chose some bright ones. They r FAB!

    Hahaha Silhouette. U love the bright colors too I see. Wish me luck when I wear these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE them too! I have 15, 16, 43, 18 etc. YES, I too went in there and Lost my mind! LOL, but I am rethinking 25 and 36! I love how long they last and you don't get the white crud around your corners when you have been talking a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Tina, I picked up #15 & #36 so far. Love the formulation. That pearl formula is a lil dry @ 1st compared to the satin. Thanks so much for sharing this. I saved it to faves & kept cking it until my l/s arrived. LOL I would love to try a couple more colors. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yesterday I just picked up 40, 36, and 26 and I now I want 25 and 39. I'm crazy for these lipsticks it's so redunkuless lol. I'm gonna need to get a MUFE pro discount it's that insane. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love #43 Moulin Rouge! I wore it today for the 1st x & got many compliments. The satins are my fave by far. I only have the pearls with which to compare them though. Would love to try a matte. #17 is long lasting, but there are 2 golds in my collex that are way more vibrant. Ruby Kisses Golden Orange and Kiss NY Golden Honey. I will likely layer them w/ the #17 as a base. I p/u #40 also & luh-ve it too! I am so appreciative of this post. It's bookmarked. LOL I still refer to it when contemplating my next MUFE rouge artist intense purchase. So yeah, thanks Tina. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>