Jan 13, 2011

'Smoked Glory' Look

'Smoked Glory' Look

Every since I did the Pure Luxe post I have been itching to do a navy blue smoky eye with Glory Pigment. It is such a vivid navy blue color...I even had dreams about this color...LOL! So I decided to go for it today and I am just in love with it! I went ahead and ordered the large size : )

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) on my brow bone and MAC B Greasepaint Stick (satin deep blue) on my lid as my primary bases. Blended with Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
COLOR:
On the tearduct area I applied MAC Shroom Eyeshadow (shimmery copper bronze). MAC 242 Shader Brush
Next on the entire lid I applied Pure Luxe Glory Pigment (matte intense navy). MAC 242 Shader Brush
On the crease I applied Sugarpill Royal Sugar Loose Eyeshadow (matte cobalt blue w/ sparkles). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used Urban Decay ABC Gum Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used Sugarpill Absinthe Loose Eyeshadow (shimmery acid green). MAC 231 Small Shader Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Demi Pixie False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC So Vain Kissable Lipcolor (muted dirty coral).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Instant Chic Blush (matte peach coral) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



9 comments:

  1. I love the deep blue shadow!
    Oh and by the way... Congratulations on 1.000 followers!! :)) What a number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always, love the color of your top too! question though, I've notice a few people now using the two faced shadow insurance, how does it compare to UD primer potion? Do you prefer 1 over the other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty! Blues look great on you! :-)

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that dark blue, great job! ... i feel like i can't pull off blue shadows :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! So delicate and cheeky at the same time. Love it. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING SO VERY CHIC AND CLASSY...

    http://estilomode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the blue, looks great against your skintone. I've been wanting to try a nice navy blue out myself so I guess I'll give a try already. I also liked how you paired it with a nude lip... very classy and not over the top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>