Jan 10, 2011

'Center Stage Prance' Look

'Center Stage Prance' Look

I must say I have been liking these new MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadows. The finish is just so divine. They are super metallic and frosty without being chunky or glittery. I even went and picked up Dalliance and Prance (I have Saadeh/Shadowy Lady - BeautySpot to thank for enabling me) even though the lighter shades didn't grab me. I will do an additional swatch post with these eyeshadows later on tonight. For sure Dalliance is a must-have from this collection. i also picked up So Vain Lipcolor because it is just a gorgeous muted coral color.

Note: The eyeshadows work best on a tacky or damp base and won't stick as well to dry skin or a dry base.


Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the lid and tearduct area I applied MAC Prance Mega Metal Eyeshadow (frosted mauve pearl). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the outer lid I applied MAC Spectacle Of Yourself Mega Metal Eyeshadow (frosted deep bronze). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
To deepen the crease I applied MAC Center Stage Mega Metal Eyeshadow (frosted chocolate brown  ). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
For highlight I used Urban Decay ABC Gum Eyeshadow (matte champagne). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the MAC Spectacle Of Yourself Mega Metal Eyeshadow (frosted deep bronze). Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Benefit Babe Cake Eyeliner (matte black). MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used MAC Plushlash Mascara for my lashes.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC So Vain Kissable Lipcolor (muted dirty coral).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 and #12 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Gingerly Blush (matte capri bronze) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



16 comments:

  1. Such a pretty look!

    I was going to totally denounce this collection because the eyeshadows were boring to me. However, I did like the Pappara-she one. So I ended up getting that one and Dalliance. <---Gorgeous color. After swatching the Spectacle of Yourself at MAC SoHo, I think I may go back and get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look and your hair looks as though it's gotten very long and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look! I love the colours you used xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty look, I love neutrals. Your hair looks beautiful as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! It's what I would love for an everyday look; neutral glam. I am going to have to pick up a few items from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look very simple and pretty. Love your hair looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice look to wear every day or a night out. I love the colors you used from the Peacoky collection. I had to go out and buy papara shee e/s because of your last youtube tutorial!

    http://www.touchingfaceswithbeautyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I enabled u and resulted in such gorgeous look :D You are now enabeling me to get centre Stage and So Vain though haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look very pretty! i love the simplicity of this look, but the colors still make your face 'pop'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, you have gorgeous eyes! I passed on these eyeshadows but now I'm starting to regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, just beautiful! I've got to try out those eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Erin. I think the selling point for these shadows is the texture. They r so smooth and gorgeous. I agree with the blah colors tho except for Paparazz-She. But they r great staple colors and a divine consistency. I went and picked up Dalliance too!

    Thanks Dolly!

    Thanks jtbrown. it's growing quite well and I'm so happy. I can't wait for it to get stupid long so that ppl tell me to donate it or something.

    Thanks Livia my dear.

    Thanks so much Tanisa. Neutrals and I have a love/hate relationship :)

    Thanks Kaylin. It's a simple look but with a pop. Not my usual but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much Hell Notes for Beauty!

    Thanks Viva. Paparazz-She is a great buy for sure!

    Hahahaa Saadeh. I think we r so bad for each other's habits. LOL! Thanks mama!

    Thanks Raeven Marie. The colors are fun on their own and work well together.

    Thanks Ann sweetie. U can still go check them out. Even just to get one of them :)

    Thanks Kendra. They r definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your look with Prance and Spectacle is well done. I picked up Prance yesterday but will go back for Spectacle of Youself and Tweet Me. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful look, and I think I'm gonna get that lip color. I need to work on my neutral lip game!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>