Jan 18, 2011

'Metallic Grass Cut-Crease' Look

'Metallic Grass Cut-Crease' Look

This look was inspired by the lovely and talented Nireyna on Live Journal. Here's the inspiration - HERE. It is a pretty intense cut-crease look and is not meant for everyday wear. I had so much fun doing this...wish I had more free time to do these intense looks.

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
To outline the cut-crease I used Pure Luxe Sin Liner (matte black) mixed with MAC Water Based Mixing Medium. MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush & MAC 231 Small Shader Brush
For the crease I started with Inglot #58 Eyeshadow (matte vibrant green). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
On the browbone area I used Inglot #57 Eyeshadow (matte bright green) Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
I followed this with Sugarpill Absinthe Loose Eyeshadow (shimmery sour apple green). Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush
For my highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
To deepen the crease I used Inglot #384 Eyeshadow (matte dark green w/ sparkles) and Magnolia Makeup #009 Just Black Pigment (matte black). MAC 242 Shader Brush

For my lower lashline I used Inglot #58 Eyeshadow, Inglot #57 Eyeshadow and Magnolia Makeup #009 Just Black Pigment. MAC 242 Shader Brush
On the outer lid I applied MAC Silver Pigment (metallic silver) mixed with MAC Water Based Mixing Medium. MAC 242 Shader Brush
On the inner lid and tearduct I used NYX Baby Blue Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil topped with Magnolia Makeup #125 Chlorine Pigment (matte light blue). Too Faced Small Eyeshadow Teddy Bear Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Adevnturous False Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE #40 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick (creamy orange) and MUFE #39 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick (creamy coral) topped with Too Faced Mirror Shine Lipgloss (clear).


Face:

FINISH:
I primed my skin with Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè Nourishing Moisturizer and Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge

I used MUFE #22 Sculpting Blush (shimmery orange peach) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sephora Professional #49 Blush Brush and MAC Deep Dark Natural/Shimmer MSF (shimmery gold) for highlight - MAC 130 Short Duo Fiber Brush

 
 

21 comments:

  1. I am at a loss for words... I saw your inspiration and I must say "You Did The Damn Thing"! Another awesome job...

    (I'm secretly hating! lol j/k)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best cut-crease look I have ever seen! Hope you do a tutorial on it one day, I would love to try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Supreme! U r the best! :)

    Aww shucks! Thanks Ailah! Funny u should say that...I did a tutorial for it just now and I'm just waiting on it to upload... :) I hope u try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, you are a very talented young lady. I absolutely appreciate your talent!!!. This is gorgeous. I would love to try this and hope it comes out half as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The precision of this look is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina are great all a woman full of great talent and an absolute, incredible creativity, your makeup are great and I love it when you upload pictures of your shoes are truly beautiful ideals and a greeting from Spain
    My blog is: www.renew-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS! Probably my favorite of your looks to date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! awesome !!! that is so well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so bright and fabulous! I'm definitely inspired! Thanks for sharing sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow is all I can say where do you pull your inspiration from??????

    ReplyDelete
  11. TINAAAAAAA, I nearly spit my tea out when I opened your page, LOL. This by far is FIERCE, girl you got SKILLZZZZZZZ, I LOVE IT. Please do a tuturial on this look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness, this look right here (in my Katt Williams voice), this look right here is AWESOME. I cannot wait to see the video. I will try to recreate but know I will fail miserably. Your skills are top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. TINA! YAY! i love the dramaticness (LOL, i no its not a word), uh, dramatizationality... um, BOLDNESS (there it is!) of ur looks... they're so in-ur-face n i love that! im glad u put up this tutorial cuz im workin on my cut-crease technique... THANK YOUUUU!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yet again, I am impressed and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your blog... love the way you use all the colors...

    I'm your new follower... do check out my blog also :-))

    reviewofbeautyproducts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness!!! After seeing this look I'm going to practice creating a cut crease on my self.
    Your skills are absolutely wonderful =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. how do you get the eyeshadow so white? Do you use white eyeliner? And by the way your really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Tina! I am new to your blog I have discovered my inner makeup diva trying to get like you! I have a very long way to go but I have tried some of your looks.....not at all close to yours because again, I barely know which brush does what lol. You're work is so sick I have to try them! Your talent and creativity is insane!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>