Jan 5, 2011

MAC + Mickey Contractor Collection HAUL and THOUGHTS...

 M·A·C + Mickey Contractor Collection HAUL and THOUGHTS...

So as you guys may know the M·A·C + Mickey Contractor Collection is now online at MAC and will debut in 22 select stores in the US tomorrow. The collection is a collaboration with M·A·C's Director of Makeup Artistry for India, Mickey Contractor and centers around natural skin and bollywood inspired eye colors. It's a small collection with 4 lipsticks, 4 eyeshadows, a eyeshadow quad, 2 new fluidlines, 2 blushes and assortment of skin products for a flawless face.


As M·A·C's Director of Makeup Artistry for India, Mickey has mentored Artists around the world. This collection of his musts is about natural skin and total performance. Foundation, Concealer, goddess-gorgeous eye shades and his favourite brushes to star in your own Bollywood hit.

**********

I picked up just three products from the collection that appealed to me the most....and those were the 2 fluidlines and a nude lipstick. And let me just say it's LOVE! I am extremely happy with my items...so much so that I will be getting back-ups of the lipstick.

Fluidline 2.5 g / 0.08 US oz, US$15.00
Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.

 
Ivy - Bright green
Siahi - Deep turquoise blue

Ivy - Bright green
This green is beautiful with micro-shimmer that is barely noticeable when swatched. It applies with medium pigmentation and needs to be layered for full color effect. I notice this with brand new fluidlines but as they get a bit drier the color payoff improves.

Siahi - Deep turquoise blue  
This blue is gorgeous as well as applies a bit more intensely than Ivy. It still requires layering for full color payoff. It is a navy blue with turquoise shimmer which makes it a unique color.

For me these will make great eyeshadow bases as well as eyeliners.


Lipstick 3 g / 0.1 US oz , US$14.50
Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.

Yash - Deep neutral (Matte)


 I have met my ultimate nude lip! I never thought the day would come but alas it has! This is the PERFECT nude lip for my NC45 skintone. It neutralizes my lip color for a great nude lip but has enough peachiness to keep me from looking like a corpse. It is a matte shade but has a creamy consistency. Of course, it's best paired with a nude gloss to fight off dryness.


13 comments:

  1. Awesome haul Tina! I'm glad you liked your items.It's always nice to find an HG lippie too!

    I ordered Siahi f/l and Saffron e/s yesterday and cannot wait for them to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I oredered Siahi, Yash and Mehr! I can't wait to get them especially after seeing your pictures of Yash!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Siahi! I also want to try Yash because I'm so sick of luster neutrals being the only ones that I can wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely choices! I'd LOVE the fluidlines.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lipstick on you!
    I'm sure those two pain pots are a big MUST.
    I went to buy the gel mixing medium the other day and it was sold out! But I tried it and it's exactly what I need! I will mainly use it for glitter I guess. Is it good for foiling e/ss? Thanks for the recommendation.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, I love that you state your foundation colors because it helps me determine if a certain shadow or lipstick will look good on me. I'm also NC45 in MAC Studio Fix or Sculpt so I know that nude lipstick should look the same on me! I'm super hype because I've been searching all over for a nude lipstick so I will definitely give this a try. Thanx for the insight girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx Saadeh. Enjoy ur goodies my luv. I just called in my order for Yash backups. LOL.

    Thx Diana. Let me know if u love Yash as much as I do! U made perfect choices btw.

    Blazeno I would say get both! Yash is a greta neutral us darker girls. It's my New Brave New Bronze. LOL. At least I don't have to skimp on my Brave New Bronze anymore. I can use these liberally and never run out of nudes!

    Tha Sha. I love all 3 products and I didn't overdo it. Makes me happy.

    Thanks Mercedes. Remember they r Fluidlines but they can still work as bases similar to a Paintpot. Yes the gel mixing medium is perfect for glitter. It works well for foiling pigments and loose eyeshadows too. Just use a little at a time.

    No prob Candy. If u have been searching for ur perfect nude then Yash is for u! It's a step up from my fave nude which was LE. Just my luck. YAY!

    Thanks Dolly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered Yash and it's out for delivery now. You are the 1st WOC I've seen it on. I should have gotten a back up. Would you compare it to brave new bronze at all? Did you try any of the blushes or eyeshadows?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tranetta. I ordered my two backups of Yash. It is close to Brave New Bronze but it is a bit darker and more peachy. Brave New Bronze can be a little light sometimes but Yash just blends right into my NC45. Full on nude lips!

    I didn't pick up any of the eyeshadows or blushes because I just wasn't drawn in by the colors. I have too many similar colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina, i'm a NW45. Do you think Yash would work for me as a nude lip?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Danielle. Yash will be a little lighter on u but that's not such a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok thanks! would you happen to know of a good nude for NW45 ladies?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>