Mar 10, 2010

MUFE Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Color HAUL and REVIEW


Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Color HAUL and REVIEW


It's here guys!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! 
The Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Aqua Cream Colors. 

This is MUFE's colorful version of the popular MUFE Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow.

According to Make Up For Ever...
"Aqua Cream is a multi-use product that can be applied on the eyes, cheeks or lips.
The waterproof and long-lasting formula provides an impeccable hold that does not crease or run.
Its creamy texture allows an easy and quick application with a brush or fingers.
Highly concentrated with mother of pearls, Aqua Cream delivers a rich result."

True True True and True! These are divine!

Availability:
These are currently available at the MUFE Boutique in NYC and will be available at Sephora in the months to come. I am not sure when these will debut at Sephora but you can get your hands at the NYC Boutique either in store or over the phone. I have no details on international availability.

Display at the Make Up For Ever Boutique in Union Square, NYC.



Cost:
Of course we all want to know...how much? These cost $22 for 6g, Net Wt. 0.21 oz.
This is in line the rest of the MUFE eyeshadows and cream colors.

Haul:
I bought 7 of these Aqua Colors - Nos. 7, 9, 10, 19, 20, 21 and 22. The packaging is classic MUFE - no frill and functional. The pots are plastic screw top with black tops. The pots are wider and deeper than the MUFE Flash Color containers.

  • No. 7 - Neon Pink   
  • No. 9 - Peachy Coral
  • No. 10 - Bright Orange
  • No. 19 - Vivid Purple
  • No. 20 - Deep Blue 
  • No. 21 - Bright Turquoise
  • No. 22 - Grass Green
 
 

Product:
These live up to all MUFE claims. They are waterproof, budge-proof, crease-proof - almost to a fault. You will need a great waterproof makeup remover to get these off. They are very creamy and apply without tugging on the skin. They also do not dry too fast so you have some time to work with them.

They are bright and apply shimmery but not frosty. I love mattes but these are very versatile in the finish. I tried applying a matte eyeshadow over a few of these colors and the result was a beautiful semi matte finish. Shimmery and frost eyeshadows look amazing over these Aqua Colors as well.

These are for use on the eyes, lips and cheeks. I also tried a couple of these on my waterline and had good wear for 2 hours so far. I am curious to see how these wear for 8+ hours on the waterline. Will test and update tomorrow. I also want to try these on the lips but we will wait and see for that - I don't like mixing eye and lip products (personal taste..idk).

Overall:
MUST HAVE products but make sure to get a great waterproof makeup remover. These are the MUFE Flash Color perfected. They are great as eyeliners, eyeshadows or eyeshadow base. This is LOVE. I am really really impressed!

Swatches:

26 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your review. I have been waiting for these to come out. Do you have any of their flash colors and if so how do they compare to these?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob Vixxan. U r very welcome! I was waiting for someone's review and swatches but I couldn't find any so I hoped this would help others.

    I have most (if not all) of the Flash Colors and I don't really use them. The Flash Colors are super creamy and do not dry or set on their own.

    Flash colors crease like crazy unless applied in ultra thin layers and set with powder eyeshadows. Even then they are tricky.

    These Aqua Cream Colors solve that problem. They set on their own and don't crease or budge. It's LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same Julie! They are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love!!! I also have a problem with creasing flash colors if these solve the problem I am all over these. Thanks you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes girl! MUFE felt our pain and they delivered BIG TIME! I have not been so blown away by a product for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Those colours are absolutely gorgeous! MUFE is hard to get over here but i think i'll have to go on a search for these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look very exciting. Especially since they're crease-resistant! Usually 'crease resistant' is just a lie...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its funny that you posted this, I just bought one last week, but I think I will be going back for more after seeing how the colors are so bright, thank god for the discount card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your review and swatches. these are lovely! I really cannot wait till Sephora gets them. We don't have a MUFE counter in our city :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look absolutely gorgeous..!

    I'm glad I held off on the flash palette, I like that these are individual.. and crease proof is always a good thing.

    Thanks for sharing! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Tysh...girl u better pick some up for me with ur discount! Or I'm coming shopping with u!

    @Lady...it's too bad u don't have a MUFE. I hope Sephora gets them soon....but I think these may sell out fast!

    @Nephenthe...u were right for holding out on the Flash Colors...these r much more versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anytime, anytime,let me know

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! That orange! I want to die! It is sooooo amazing!!!!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these look amazing! I wasted money on the flash colour palette a few months ago, and really wish I could hit the "UNDO" button with that one.

    I had heard that they were coming out with "cream shadows", but I didn't know what to expect. Your post is the first review I've seen. I will be calling the boutique in Montreal tomorrow about these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Devin...No prob! And the orange IS to die for! I used in a look and wow..I just about died for a minute :)

    @ J...I know right? After wasting money on Flash Colors MUFE came out with this fab product! They r truly amazing...I have been using them constantly while my flash colors wait for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot for doing the swatching, I am eyeing one or two ;)

    Do you happen to know if 21 Turquoise looks like the MAC Sea Me shadestick? Or to which MAC eyeshadow the colour resembles? I either get 21 or High-Def Cyan from MAC.

    TIA :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Bridget! No prob hon. #21 is lighter than Sea Me Shadestick and is a bit more shimmery. It's close to MAC Shimmermoss e/s.
    If ur choices r this or High Def Cyan then get Hi Def Cyan!!! It's my fave Blue pigment ever! Hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks a lot, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey! There's no need of a good make up remover, olive oil removes them perfectly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blog truly gives me life. I'm so late on responding but that doesn't mean I haven't had your blog as a reference on all of my questionable buys. We seem to love the same vivid colors and you ALWAYS have the latest info. Thanks so much for bloggin!

    (✿◠‿◠) kOkOFemme

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you get #19in the us. I know it isn't Available at sephora.I am wondering if I need to cal the mufe NYC store to order. I need that purple.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LJ I got #19 at the NY MUFE Boutique when the Aqua Creams were initially released. It is NO longer available in the US due to regulations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I found a makeup Site overseas, guru makeup emporium, that sells it. Do you think there would be an issue shipping to the us? (I have reached out to them and ask, just awaiting a response) just hoping you are familiar with them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey LJ. I heard of that website but haven't had any experience with them. They may not have an issue shipping it but who knows. MUFE and Illlamasqua won't ship banned products to the US but they r big companies. Let me know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know it's been a minute, but I did end up ordering from guru makeup emporium. I purchased #19, an empty palette some lip glosses and a couple Makeup brushes. I didn't want to waste an oversexed shipping cost. I received my items in a week with no delays or issues, and I got everything I ordered. Overall a great experience, in case you were interested. And 19 is FABULOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>