Jan 4, 2011

Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...

Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...


A versatile kit that allows you to create both a fashion-forward or neutral look and is illustrated by Kime Buzzelli—darling of the LA art scene.

Artsy hipsters and makeup junkies rejoice! Urban Decay chose Kime Buzzelli, darling of the LA art scene, to illustrate this amazing Shadow Box inside and out. Kime's paintings feature wickedly fashionable women—often with brightly colored makeup running down their cheeks. Inspired by these characters, this palette is filled with 6 shadows (all totally wearable) and 2 exclusive to this set: Snatch (peachy-pink with glitter) and Painkiller (turquoise shimmer).


You'll love the versatility of this set: pick from bright, fashion-forward shades, or go neutral with "9 to 5"-friendly shadows that still give a ton of personality to your look. Rounding out the set is a travel-sized 24/7 Eye Pencil in never-fail Zero (black), a mini genie bottle of Eyeshadow Primer Potion (so your makeup won't run down YOUR cheeks), and a big mirror. This shadow box will make you beautiful AND do wonders for your street cred. Thanks, Kime.

This set contains:
- Snatch Eyeshadow (peachy-pink with glitter)
- Painkiller Eyeshadow (turquoise shimmer)
- Mildew Eyeshadow (deep green)
- Flash Eyeshadow (electric purple)
- Smog Eyeshadow (deep bronze)
- Toasted Eyeshadow (copper)
- 24/7 Eye Pencil: Zero (black)
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion.

Price - $20 (Original Price $30)

Size - Eyeshadows: 6 x 0.9 g e 6 x 0.03 US oz; Eyeshadow Primer Potion: 3.7ml e 0.13 US fl oz; 24/7 Eye Pencil: 0.8g e 0.03 US oz

Availability: Sephora stores and Sephora.com


*************************************************


My 4 Ps

Price
The palette is priced at $20, which is a sale price, and contains 6 eyeshadows. Simple math means that each eyeshadow is roughly $3.33 with a bonus mini primer potion and an almost full sized 24/7 eyeliner pencil. Not a bad deal at all. Even at the original price each eyeshadow would be $5. What makes this an even better deal is that the eyeshadows are 60% of the full size Urban Decay Eyeshadows which means you are getting 3.6 Urban Decay Eyeshadows for the price of one + $3 (the full size eyeshadows are $17 each). Not a bad deal at all.

Packaging
The eyeshadows come housed in a regular cardboard palette with artsy graphics from LA artist Kime Buzzelli. The palette also sports a large mirror inside with a cutout for the staple Zero 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil. It's simple but artistic and easy to travel with.


Product
The eyeshadows are the same quality as any other Urban Decay Eyeshadow. In fact 4 of the 6 shades are permanent so it's a good deal to snag the palette if you have been eyeing these colors...on the flip side it's not a great deal if you already own a couple of the colors. The colors are half neutral and half colorful and all frosty. The new shades are split - one neutral, one colorful. There is a mildew green, a medium purple and a gorgeous turquoise (new shade) paired with bronzes and a shimmery champagne (new shade).


Performance
The eyeshadow all glide on easily and are highly pigmented and smooth. The only tricky one was the purple shade, Flash, that had a bit of an issue with color payoff (which is the same issue as the full sized one). Again these are all frosts...but I think Urban Decay does great frosty shades.

Overall
It's a decent deal if you have been wanting to check out Urban Decay. If you already own Urban Decay palettes then it's most likely that you have a couple of the shades included in the palette....you can skip in this case. Nothing screams must-have about the palette for me....okay maybe the turquoise shade...which I guess for $20 it's not so bad.

Swatches

Snatch (peachy-pink with glitter), Painkiller (turquoise shimmer), Mildew (deep green), Flash (electric purple), Smog (deep bronze), Toasted (copper)

5 comments:

  1. I love the packaging!!!
    But I think I will skip this one.
    I have the purple and the light blue already and the others look like they are already on the Naked palette?
    Incredible swatches by the way.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely cute! Smog and Toasted are in the Naked palette. Thanks hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this one with a Sephora giftcard I got from the fiancee and I absolutely LOVE it! I notice smog seems to be a favorite of theirs that they use often in their palettes as I have a few others with it but its a nice pigmented color so I don't mind. I actually didn't know I was getting the eyeliner as well so that was a big surprise! And, the price really can't be beat. Did you happen to see the Stila ones for just $10?! I am such a sucker for a deal! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love UD but HATE the glitter and shimmer. With other brands it is much easier to clean the shimmer and with UD I will think I cleaned it all up and hours later I see it on my cheeks, nose, chin, etc If UD could fix this, they would be HG status for me as they are super pigmented. I wish they had more matte shades :/

    Flash is beautiful in the crease though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true Candy. They definitely love Smog and Baked and Half Baked. Th eyeliner is almost full sized too so that's a great deal. I saw the Stila ones too but decided to skip...too many similar colors. Deals r the best! I'm a sucker too!

    Hey Shannon. I don't like the glitter bomb shades they do either like Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. He better keep riding pass me. But the frosts are cool and I agree with the limited mattes...we want more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>