Dec 4, 2010

'Aztec Jewel' Look + Tutorial

'Aztec Jewel' Look

This look uses the same technique as my Royal Bloodline Look which I have been asked to do a tutorial for. This look is also great for a holiday party. Again, I'm using a Magnolia Makeup pigment...I must be obsessed. LOL. I have just been having fun with all these colors and really enjoying the results.


I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

On the browbone area and for blending I used the matte camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
On the inner and outer lid I applied MAC Push The Edge Pigment (shimmery dark purple). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the I applied Magnolia Makeup Aztec Pigment (shimmery yellow gold). MAC 242 Shader Brush
To further define the crease I used matte dark purple color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Lust Palette. MAC 217 Blending Brush.
For highlight I used the matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil (shimmery honey gold) - INNER and MAC Push The Edge Pigment (shimmery dark purple) - OUTER Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush. 

My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Vibrant False Eyelashes for effect.


For my lips I used MAC Thrills Lipstick (frosty peach bronze) topped with a Tarte shimmery gold lipgloss.


MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Gingerly Blush (matte capri bronze) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.


  1. Loving your look! It's amazing what you do with Make-up! xx

  2. i really like this... i think i may do it for the holiday. im still fairly new to the whole makeup thing n i have very few pigments... but i checked out the magnolia makeup website n other reviews (including urs) and i LOVE them... i WILL DEFINITELY b getting them and doing more of urs looks! YAY! im excited, lol.

  3. OMG this is amazing! Very nice way of pairing gold with purple <3

  4. Thanks so much Jenni! Makeup is just so much fun.

    Thx Tanisa. Let me know how it goes my dear!

    Thanks Sarah. I hope u try them out. Pigments can be a little tricky to work with for beginners but just practise. They r awesome!

    Thanks saadeh my sweet.

  5. Well....I missed the Magnolia Makeup sale. DARN IT!!!!! They are back up to $10.00


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.