Dec 4, 2010

'Aztec Jewel' Look + Tutorial

'Aztec Jewel' Look

This look uses the same technique as my Royal Bloodline Look which I have been asked to do a tutorial for. This look is also great for a holiday party. Again, I'm using a Magnolia Makeup pigment...I must be obsessed. LOL. I have just been having fun with all these colors and really enjoying the results.


Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the browbone area and for blending I used the matte camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
On the inner and outer lid I applied MAC Push The Edge Pigment (shimmery dark purple). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the I applied Magnolia Makeup Aztec Pigment (shimmery yellow gold). MAC 242 Shader Brush
To further define the crease I used matte dark purple color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Lust Palette. MAC 217 Blending Brush.
For highlight I used the matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil (shimmery honey gold) - INNER and MAC Push The Edge Pigment (shimmery dark purple) - OUTER Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush. 

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Vibrant False Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Thrills Lipstick (frosty peach bronze) topped with a Tarte shimmery gold lipgloss.

Face:

FINISH:
MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Gingerly Blush (matte capri bronze) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #1 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.

6 comments:

  1. Loving your look! It's amazing what you do with Make-up! xx
    chocolate-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like this... i think i may do it for the holiday. im still fairly new to the whole makeup thing n i have very few pigments... but i checked out the magnolia makeup website n other reviews (including urs) and i LOVE them... i WILL DEFINITELY b getting them and doing more of urs looks! YAY! im excited, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is amazing! Very nice way of pairing gold with purple <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Jenni! Makeup is just so much fun.

    Thx Tanisa. Let me know how it goes my dear!

    Thanks Sarah. I hope u try them out. Pigments can be a little tricky to work with for beginners but just practise. They r awesome!

    Thanks saadeh my sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well....I missed the Magnolia Makeup sale. DARN IT!!!!! They are back up to $10.00

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>