Dec 31, 2010

Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Palette - Volume 1 - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...

Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Palette - Volume 1 - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...


Tattoo Chronicles Palette - Volume 1

A set of Kat Von D products that lets you express your defining individuality.

Kat's secret weapons for pulling off a long-lasting, rockin' look come together in a beauty stash that includes false lashes, eyeshadows, and primers. Plus, a secret compartment reveals a hidden double-ended rollerball fragrance that embodies Kat's two sides: saint and sinner.

"This is dedicated to those who are self-created, self-reliant, self made, and independent." — Kat Von D 

This set contains:
- 1 pair False Eyelashes
- 12 x 0.02 oz Eyeshadows in Tijuana, Taxidermy, Hollywood, Peanut, Redemption, Solitude, Heartkiller, Baudelaire, Monastary, Poe Blue, Nite Owl, Lemmy
- 3 x 0.01 oz High Voltage Primers in Skin, Stellar, Smoky
- 2 x 0.17 oz Double-Ended Saint/Sinner Rollerball
 
($180 Value) (Original Price $55)  Now $39

******************************* 


My 4 Ps

Price
This palette is currently priced at $39 but was originally $55. WOW! Now this is a GREAT VALUE! You get 12 eyeshadows which would equate to$3.25 per eyeshadow. Then toss in 3 mini eyeshadow primers, a pair of eyelashes and a double ended perfume rollerball. And again all I can say is WOW! The price alone is reason enough to rave about this set but it gets better....read on.

Packaging
This is part of why it gets better. The packaging is superb...albeit a bit on the large and bulky side. It is certainly not a sleek and streamlined palette but the details and presentation make it a great collector's item. I was surprised at first since the palette opens up like an actual book. There are a few pages with writings from Kat Von D herself which then opens to the palette and mirror. The palette itself is removable and reveals the double ended rollerball and more writing beneath. Fantastic, durable and sturdy packaging not to mention BEAUTIFUL!


Product 
There are 3 sets of 4 coordinated colors and primer in the palette plus a pair of eyelashes to boot. All but one of the eyeshadows have a frosty finish which may be a downside. I think a good mix of mattes and satins with frosts are the best bet for a palette since an all frost look may not be the most flattering. There is a great assortment of colors here ranging from neutrals to greens to blues to purples to pink and yellow to smoky colors.This will be great for a variety of looks.

The primers are fantastic as well and come in three great shades. There is a creamy matte skintone color, a shimmery light pink color and a creamy deep grey color.

The eyelashes didn't wow me because of the thick lash band. I find thick lash bands make the application more difficult and the eyelashes heavier for wear and more susceptible to lifting. The design is not my style either but others may love these.

And then there's the bonus of a double ended rollerball with Kat Von D's signature scents in Saint and Sinner. This is a bit fragile since my Sinner side had already leaked all over the inside of the kit.


Performance
The eyeshadows have great color payoff and are absolutely beautiful. They swatch very well and blend easily together.The eyeshadows have a great buttery metallic finish that is divine! Every single eyeshadow applied like a dream with full pigmentation in one swipe. I can't get over how great these colors are. Ahhhhh!!!!

The primers were a welcomed surprise to me as well. They apply smoothly and are super creamy and pigmented. They are on the thicker side which I liked since they give a similar effect to a MAC Paintpot. They really help the eyeshadows stick and stand out more against the skin. I did not experience any creasing from a couple hours of wear.

Overall
Again I will say this is a FANTASTIC bargain! The eyeshadows are gorgeous and the packaging is sophisticated and beautiful! I definitely recommend this palette especially for the price. If you love Kat Von D products or if you just want to try them out, then this is a great option for you.

******************************* 

Swatches

PRIMERS
 
 Skin, Stellar, Smoky

******************************* 

 Eyeshadows in Tijuana, Taxidermy, Hollywood, Peanut
Oh my so gorgeous!

******************************* 

 Eyeshadows in Redemption, Solitude, Heartkiller, Baudelaire 
Oh my so gorgeous!

******************************* 

 Eyeshadows in Monastary, Poe Blue, Nite Owl, Lemmy
Oh my so gorgeous!



9 comments:

  1. AAAHHH!! I have been lemming this, and you just made it worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! I just bought this! I loved the look of it. I've only tried one shadow so far, but I was happy with the result. Glad you told me where to find my rollerball. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leticia girl u better get it while it's on sale! :) It's FAB! I love the eyeshadows!

    LOL Lola! U didn't know where it was either huh? I was expecting it so I tore the palette apart and found the hidden compartment. Pity mine leaked. One shadow? Come on girl get into this palette...as if I really even used it for real yet...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eyeshadows are really impressive! I'm not sure about the Skin primer... it looks a bit yellow for me... but I like the idea of having three primers and three quads. Shame I can't get it in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the review love. You're really tempting me to pick up this palette. I really trust your reviews coz you are always so honest.

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember walking past this in a Sephora and thinking it was some kind of book or something, but by the looks of it, it definitely looks like you get a great value.

    Thanks for mentioning about the finish of the eyeshadows, I'm not a big fan of all-frosty palettes - and I think that's something that would refrain me from getting the palette, but damn, Night Owl is calling out to me - as well as that purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the swatches - all the colours look great! Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Robyn. Yes the skin primer is yellow based and similar to MAC Soft Ochre Painpot. It's very nice tho :) That sux that u can't get it :(

    U r welcome Saadeh hon. It's a great palette and value. And I'm even loving the primers. Happy New Year my luv!

    That's true Arezu. It looks just like a book which is nifty and it is a great great value. That was my only issue...all frosts...it would have been nice to get a few mattes tossed in.

    Thanks Saimese hon! Happy New Year to u too! The colors a fab! I'll be using them soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>