Dec 18, 2010

MAC Cham Pale and Stylishly Yours Collections - HAUL

MAC Cham Pale and Stylishly Yours Collections - HAUL

Here's what I picked up from the two newest collections due out December 26, 2010. It's already available online for MAC Pro members and at Pro Stores. I didn't get much since I'm holding out for the MAC Peacocky Collection in January. I grabbed the new pigments because I'm a pigment hoarder and one of the paintpots plus the new fluidline.


MAC Cham Pale Collection
Paint Pot - 6.5 g / .23 US oz, US$16.50
Chilled on Ice - Frosted white gold

This was the only thing I got from this collection just because I don't own MAC Bare Study Paintpot which is the base for all these paintpot shades. This paintpot is beautiful in the package but applies sheerly on the skin. It's a frosty light icy gold. Nice for a simple highlight color to the inner tearduct or browbone...even the upper lip area.


*******************************

MAC Stylishly Yours Collection
Pigment - 4.5 g / 0.15 US oz, US$19.50
Follow Your Fancy - Bright coral with small pearl particle
Madly Personal - Bright pink
New Fixation - Bright fuchsia red with soft pearl
Violet - Vivid bright violet purple 

The pigments are pretty but not very unique. The stand out color for me is Follow Your Fancy. It's a gorgeous gold flecked orange that has a slightly coppery feel when applied wet. Madly Personal is also nice but for me it's more of a subtle candy pink rather than a neon pink. The finish of these pigments are more satin that frosty so that counts as a bonus in my book. New Fixation is a subtle cherry red with subtle sheen. Violet is a permanent shade and is a gorgeous frosty medium purple with silver sheen.


Follow Your Fancy                        Madly Personal

New Fixation                                   Violet

 Top: Madly Personal, New Fixation
Bottom: Fuchsia, Brash & Bold, Process Magenta, Basic Red
You can skip New Fixation if you already own Brash & Bold and skip Madly Personal if you own Fuchsia, Bright Fuchsia or Process Magenta.

Top: Acid Orange, Dusty Coral, Genuine Orange
Bottom: Follow Your Fancy

As you can see Follow Your Fancy is a unique color. I don't own Electric Coral but it may be a close dupe.

****************************
Fluidline - 2.5 g / 0.08 US oz, US$15.00
Dark Diversion - Blackened plum

This Fluidline is actually kind of boring for me. The color is a dirty plum/burgundy color and dries to a flat finish which is maybe why it doesn't tickle my fancy. There is just no oomph to this color for me. But others may fall in love with this wine color.
Dark Diversion Fluidline

Top: Macroviolet Fluidline
Bottom: Dark Diversion Fluidline


18 comments:

  1. whats required for you to be a pro member?

    ReplyDelete
  2. M·A·C PRO Membership Program is a paid for membership program open to makeup professionals (Makeup Artists, Aestheticians, Cosmetologists, Hairstylists, Fashion Stylists, Nail Technicians, Costume Designers, Models, On-Air Talent/Performers, and Photographers).

    Here's the link: https://www.maccosmetics.com/macpro/membership/index.tmpl

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg ! so jealous haha great haul those colors are so bright ! Im so getting that fluidline its amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually worried that the fluid line would be too much like Macroviolet, but it looks like more of a red violet.
    Other than that how do you feel the pigments compare to other pro pigments like Electric Coral? Do you find that there are any dupes of the LE pigments?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the colors! So vibrant and pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors..

    ♥,
    [MMS]

    www.aestheticglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh I love the orange p/m. I'm actually more interested in Cham Pale than Stylishly Yours. I love pale and icy shades this time of the years.

    Thanks for your great swatches as always sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul. Love the swatches. Thanks for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks dolls!

    Jess I added a better swatch of the fluidline for you. Enjoy my dear.

    Blazeno I added swatches of Macroviolet next to Dark Diversion. Dark Diversion is definitely more of a deep wine burgundy color.

    Ahhhh Saadeh. I really only grabbed these because I am a pigment hoarder and had to get the new ones. And I'm missing Bare Study and figured a nice shimmery paintpot would come in handy. I'm really waiting for January to grab my Peacocky! :) What r u going to get from Cham Pale?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking I'll get Soiree n/p, Chez Chez Lame powder, I get No Kicks kohl and maybe the pale gold p/p. Peackocy is def gonna be a better collex than both of these though :) lucky for u it's ur b-day collex! I have no idea what my b-day collx is...I'm not so good at the MAC dates lately :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saadeh hon those sound right up your alley. I think the Cham Pale collection is better suited for lighter skin like yours tho so go for it. Peacocky is perfect for bday right! LOL! Not sure what the February collection would be...I think Wonder Woman is coming out about March or something...who knows anymore. With all these new restrictions it's not so much fun following the MAC collections anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!!! (Ps.. what new restrictions? Is this about releasing information about up-coming collections post Rodarte?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep Blazeno. Now we have to pretty much wait for the collection to debut before we get full information. Kinda sucks!

    U r welcome sexymao!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>