Dec 31, 2010

'Black Swan' Look

'Black Swan' Look

Here I am again catching up on posts. This is a great look for New Year's Eve so I'm right on time. I hope you all have a Happy and Safe New Year! I look forward to what 2011 will bring. January 16 is my 28th birthday and January 25 is the 1st birthday of The Fancy Face Blog. YAY!


I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base and MUFE #3 Aqua Cream Color in the middle of my lid as a secondary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the lid I applied MUFE #170 Eyeshadow (iridescent pearl grey). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the outer lid I applied MUFE #147 Eyeshadow (metallic midnight blue shimmer). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
To define the crease and outer V I used MUFE #26 Pure Pigment (matte black). MAC 217 Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used the Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush 
For my lower lashline I used MAC Black Swan Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner (shimmery black).

My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

I lined my upper lashline with MUFE Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow (matte black). MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Erotica False Eyelashes for effect.


For my lips I used MAC Snob Lipstick (creamy pink) topped with MAC English Accents Lipglass (creamy pink).


MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Gingerly Blush (matte capri bronze) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.


  1. This is such a gorgeous look!! Happy (almost) Birthday and Blog Birthday!! My birthday is the 10th. I hope you have a wonderful day, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)


  2. JUST BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, FABULOUS, FIERCE all roll into one, loL, just in case I forget, Happy Birthday, and 1st year anniversary to my best blogger..... Have a wonderful New Years Day......

  3. this look is GORGEOUS!!! the whole overall effect is FLAWLESS!! another GREAT JOB!

  4. Gorgeous as usual! I will be making 21 on the 16th. Capricorns rock!!! :)

  5. Thanks so much Brittany! YAY for Capricorns. Happy early brithday hon and I hope you have a great day when it comes! HAPPY NEW YEAR

    Thanx Tanisa. Happy New Year boo.

    Thanks my Tyshie luv! Hope the start of ur New Year was fab! Can u believe the blog is almost a year old!

    Thanks Sarah doll. :)

    Thanks Candie hon. We have the same birthday? YIPPEE! I knew there was something...LOL. Cappies RULE!



Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.