Dec 21, 2010

'Winter Peacock' Look

'Winter Peacock' Look

Well it's officially winter in a few hours even though we have been feeling the freeze for a while now. I decided to go with another Peacocky inspired look because...well....I'm really looking forward to that collection! LOL!

Side note...my eye would not stop watering so I had to hurry and take pictures before I ruined the look with my tears. I have no idea what got into my eye but that is one of the woes of makeup I suppose.

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied MAC Pure White Pigment (matte white). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the lid I applied MAC Teal Pigment (shimmery teal). MAC 242 Shader Brush
On the outer lid and crease I applied Magnolia Makeup #125 Mystique Pigment (shimmery cobalt blue). MAC 217 Blending Brush
For the inner crease I used Illamasqua Preen Eyeshadow (matte purple). MAC 217 Blending Brush
For my highlight and for blending I used the MUFE #76 Eyeshadow (matte nude). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the MUFE #14 Pure Pigment (matte violet) - OUTER, MUFE #952  (iridescent orange) - MIDDLE and MUFE #4 Metal Powder (metallic yellow gold) - INNER . Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Erotica False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Cle De Peau #109 Lipstick (creamy pink).


Face:

FINISH:
MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC MAC Utterly Game Blush (satin coral)  for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.




11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this teal look! and I adore that shade of cobalt you're wearing on your outer lids. There's not a single look of yours that's not inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty as usual. I really like teal, aqua, and sage. They look great on you. I can't wait to get my colors from Magnolia makeup. My order was paid for on the 6th and I haven't received anything yet nor a reply to an email I sent them. I know it doesn't concern you just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. Anywho, wishing you happy and safe holidays Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful hun,love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!

    And the eye-watering woe is what happens to me almost every.single.day. It is BEYOND annoying. I have no idea why that happens...and it usually happens when I have a great eye makeup look. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina this look is amazing. I feel you I cant wait for that collection to come out. I'm gonna have rob peter to pay paul to get my hands on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, very pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    Carnita...
    I heard Magnolia Makeup had awesome customer service. I haven't place an order yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Saadeh my luv. That's one of my fave Magnolia pigments. It's very similar to Sugarpill Royal sugar too. ahhhh I just love blues! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no Carnita! Yes I absolutely care! I have made orders after that and I already received mine. R u international or local? If u r local then u should have gotten the delivery with 5 days. Maybe try leaving a message on the facebook page and on the website page as well as another email. I hope your order didn't get lost. Please keep me updated. And have a happy holiday as well my dear. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sher hon.

    Thanks Erin sweets! It's so funny about the watering eye. What a bother right? I know my eye hates lower lashline liner...but everything else is okay...the things we do for beauty :)

    Hahahahaa Nickie! I know what u mean girl! I won' be eating much in January for sure...LOL! Who needs food or gas when I have MAC?

    Thanks Sha bun bun. I have had a great experience with Magnolia so far and receive my packages within a couple of days. And i get confirmation as soon as I order. I order under a different name and address too so I know they don't know it's me. LOL! I am vey worried. I want her to get her makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tina & 1xellus1! Actually someone called me the day b4 me posting my comment and I just listened to my voicemail messages today after reading an email they sent. It appears that there were a lot of mixups and/or errors. Hopefully everything has been resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank heavens! I was feeling sad about this. I'm glad they contacted u hon and wow for an actually CALL! I hope it got resolved and u get your products quickly. Sounds like they had a lot of orders to get thru. Good sign for them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>