Dec 6, 2010

'Drama & Revolution' Look

'Drama & Revolution' Look

'Tis the season for red lips and I am trying to embrace it as much as I can. : )
Now you all may know my phobia of the red lip but i am slowing getting the hang of it and I may even start to like it a bit. This Urban Decay Revolution lipstick is definitely helping that cause! It's so dreamy and creamy and deserves it's own review...which will be upcoming. The eye look was inspired by Christina Aguiliera's music video for 'Not Myself Tonight' and Pixiwoo's recreation of the look on YouTube. Don't you love these two sisters?

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the entire lid I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
Then to outline the crease I applied MAC Copperplate Eyeshadow (matte mid-tone grey). MAC 217 Blending Brush
Next to further define the crease I applied Illamasqua Drama Eyeshadow (matte deep slate). MAC 242 Shader Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used Illamasqua Incubus Eyeshadow (matte charcoal grey). MAC 217 Blending Brush
For highlight I used MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used Illamasqua Drama Eyeshadow (matte deep slate).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Erotica False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (true red/ full coverage cream).

Face:

FINISH:
MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used Studio Gear Natural Blush (matte natural pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



13 comments:

  1. I'm glad u're warmin up to red lips, coz they are gorgeous on u :) do u not use a liner for them? If not, u're lucky coz I always have to use liner or red lips will bleed into my skin :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab, you definitely shouldn't be scared of red lips, they really suit you!

    http://librakitten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is gorgeous on you! I too love the Pixiwoo sisters.

    I absolutely LOVE red lips. That's why I'll be getting Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick, LOL. As many reds I have, I still love to get new red lip products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! :O) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This make-up suits you beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. UUUUU nice and matte. Love it! =)

    http://live-love-makeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the eye look - It looks like a soft cut-crease.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! You are a true artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this! the shadow looks pinkish to me, like a soft pink... n the grey looks good with it... it makes the look more wearable for the office, n i guess at night u cud just add a lil black to intensify it n ur gud ta go... easy! lol... great job!

    sn:ur hair has gotten alot longer!! (at least it looks that way) i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red is gorgeous!!! I love it :)

    www.touchingfaceswithbeautyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>