Dec 2, 2010

'Red Dragon' Look

'Red Dragon' Look

With the holidays right around the corner it gives me the perfect excuse to play with some glitter and red lips right? The funny thing is that I don't like either very much but I'm trying to step out of my little box. As you may know by now I'm embracing the whole glitter liner look which is so much fun to do without going glitter crazy. And the lips...well hello my dear Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in #75 Dragon...where have you been hiding?

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the entire lid and tearduct area I applied the matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used matte camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
To define the crease I used On the browbone area and for blending I used matte dark purple brown color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC 217 Blending Brush
For highlight I used the matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown) - OUTER. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner topped with MAC Antique Gold Glitter (with MAC Eyeliner Mixing Medium) - MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush..
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in #75 Dragon (intense blood red). Freakin' awesome red btw!

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Peaches Blush (matte peach) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



27 comments:

  1. YOU ARE HOT GIRL!!!! I LOVE THIS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i adore red lips on u! You should wear them more, don't wait for the holidays ;)

    the glitter liner is a neat tough too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! idk y u havent BEEN doin red lips!(i even liked the orange ones from ur iced green tea look) lol... it looks really good... ive been watching ur tutorials and comin to ur blog for a month or so now n ur makeup is G-O-R-GEOUS!!! dress game is on point, shoe game is on point and u put it all together so well (and CHEAP (or shud i say affordable, lol)!! HELLO MISS HOLLYWOOD! lol!btw, ur makeup collection is INSANE! im so jealous, lol...

    sb: ive been trying to imitate ur makeup at least n its not goin well, lol... but i have high hopes, keep em comin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so Chic! Love it.
    Where can I see more details of the look you have on the photo in top left hand of your blog? Is there a post or video? It's gorgeous.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. this look really suits you! i know what you mean about embracing the whole glitter liner & red lips.. it's quite difficult if you're not used to it but I can assure you, you look gorgeous xoxo

    http://www.blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That red is out of this world! I love it!...and might get it, LOL. ENABLER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After watching your video with the blue glitter liner, you know my fast self went to the PRO and bought some mixing mediums, LOL, I am so in love with it, my new best friend, and BTW your BROWS ARE FIERCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. one word: AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Ok, I have like 8 red l/s, but nothing this hot. I guess I'd better add this one to the list. LOL Thanks for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drop dead GORGEOUS!! Dragon is the most perfect color for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx Tyshie bear! U too fass gal! Hahahahaa! I love the eyeliner mixing medium chile. Use it with glitter and pigments...mek some nice liners fi uself! U know I'm a brow diva! Hahahaa!

    Thanks Saadeh doll face. U know I leave the red lips for u because u can rock red like no one else! I love Dragon tho...it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh! Thank u so much Sarah honey pie! I try my best! :) Great to hear such nice compliments! I actually love orange lips...can't wear it too often tho but red I get antsy about...just need to get comfy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg you are sooooo amazing!
    I love the eyes as much as i love these perfect red lips!!!
    You ROCK!
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Miss Merx. I think simple neutral or smokey eyes go well with red lips. And the glitter definitely adds some spice. I have so many glitters to try out! Can't wait!

    Thx Mercedes. There is actually a post and a video for that look - Metallic Smoke Look. Here are the links:
    http://thefancyface.blogspot.com/2010/05/metallic-smoke-look.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq6BiSKzjHI

    Thanks Manda. I know right? I'm not big on glitter and bold lips so it takes some getting used to. I love the glitter liner option tho because it's customizable and Chanel Dragon is the ultimate red lipstick!

    Hahahaha! Erin this is a red u will not regret. It's pricey but so worth it! I don't think any red has topped this for me!

    Thanks Tiffy!

    Thanks so much Sha. Yep u better add this one to the list. There is no red lip collection that should be missign this one at all! Divine!

    Thanks Rachel my dear. Dragon is perfect for everyone I think. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful makeup look! I love the red lips.

    ReplyDelete
  16. well i LOVE it miss hollywood! and ur SOO WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a lovely combination! looks classy and sophisticated! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! I love this look. I haven't expiremented much with glitter liners but it looks so fierce on you. I want to try a red lip but I'm still a little nervous about finding the right on for my complexion. You rocked that red lip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh girl!!! This is TRULY a GORGEOUS look on you..........you surely worked the hell out of this look. BOOM!!! This is some serious work of art!

    http://shadespromakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this look on you! you should wear this more often!! Looking beautiful as always too!

    chocolate-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty! I am such a fan of your blog....wonderful class and style.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOHHHH, I love your makeup. This "rouge allure laque" is GORGEOUS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everythig has already been said, nothing to add exept that this look is definitely one of my favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love this look...it´s amazing!!! can you make the video tutorial on youtube??

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the red lipstick! You make it look great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Tina, I love the Red Dragon on you! I had to feature you on my FanPage! facebook.com/cocoalafemme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>