Dec 17, 2010

'Aquatic Barbie' Look

'Aquatic Barbie' Look

Happy Friday all! I was feeling peacocky since yesterday so I picked up one of my MUFE Star Powders and went with the feeling. The Star Powders are quite pretty but they work differently for me than regular loose eyeshadows or pigments. They are ultra fine but more like refined shimmer than actual powder. Maybe it's just me...any of you tried these out? Thoughts?

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the lid I applied MUFE #960 Star Powder (shimmery turquoise). MAC 242 Shader Brush
On the outer lid and crease I applied MUFE #92 Eyeshadow (matte brilliant purple). MAC 217 Blending Brush
To define the outer V I used MUFE #4 Eyeshadow (matte black). MAC 217 Blending Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used matte camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used MUFE #960 Star Powder (shimmery turquoise). MAC 242 Shader Brush


BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Inglot #83 Gel Eyeliner (creamy dark purple) topped with MAC Purple Glitter (with MAC Eyeliner Mixing Medium). MUFE #1N Eyeliner Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Annie False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Pink Friday Lipstick (creamy light pink) topped with MAC Dare To Dare Dare To Wear Lipglass (shimmery pink).


Face:

FINISH:
MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Springsheen Blush (peach with pearl) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I need to practice doing my makeup like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I super love the eyes! Your look should be used for the Peacocky promotion poster :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are killing me with all these purple looks! I want to recreate them all!
    Have a fab weekend.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used the Pink Friday lipstick! This look is amazing... all of them are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this combination of colors!!!! And I concur w/ shadow lady, if MAC used this pic, the peacocky collection would fly off the shelves!

    Question: How do you use mixing medium/ transformer to make a shadow into a liner? Do you just dip your brush in the medium, then into the pigment, then apply? Or do you actually mix a lil of each together (into a separate container) & then apply? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx so much Tanisa! Practice girl...that's were most of the fun is :)

    Thx Saadeh. I wish MAC would hear that! LOL!

    Thanks Sher my dear...I rhymed! :)

    Thx Mercedes doll. I'm glad u like them. I say go for it. Play around!

    Thanks so much Abi! I love Pink Friday. It's my fave barbie pink...well for now... :)

    Thanks Saida hon. I'll try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Shami hon! I wish MAC would reccruit me! I don't want to be an MUA but I would love to work with them in any capacity! Oh to dream!

    Answer: The eyeliner mixing medium is a squeeze tube so I squeeze a drop onto the cap of a pigment (or any surface I guess) then use my brush to pick up the pigment and mix them together in the cap. I need to do a mixing medium video...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>