Nov 3, 2010

Wet 'n' Wild ColorIcon HOLIDAY 2010 Palettes - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...

Wet 'n' Wild ColorIcon HOLIDAY 2010 Palettes - THOUGHTS and SWATCHES...


Wet 'n' Wild has debuted 4 new ColorIcon Palettes for their Holiday 2010 Collection. Each of the palettes come with 6 limited edition eyeshadow shades and a bonus eye pencil.


These palettes were $4.49 at Harmons where I bought mine but I think they retail for $4.99. Don't forget that there are numerous sales at drugstores at any given time so you may be able to get these cheaper in a Buy One Get One Half Off Sale.

Update from the lovely favorisntfair: These are available at Walgreens and they are even having a 50% off sale!

The palettes are similar to the basic Wet 'n' Wild ColorIcon Palettes and come with 6 eyeshadows. The difference in the holiday palettes is that all the shades are either shimmery or glitter packed versus shimmers and mattes as in the originals.

The eyeshadows are all highly pigmented and very true to the color seen in the palette. There are 4 palettes in all: Golden Goddess - golds, bronze and orange tones, Snow Sprite - silvers, greens and blue, Plum Fairy - pinks, purples and plums, Night Elf- silvers, black and red.

These are great palettes are the budget conscious and savvy shopper. These are also best suited for those of us who love shimmer and glitter. These are not subtle satin shades...they are full on shimmery shades for the holiday season. Happy shopping!

 Golden Goddess - golds, bronze and orange tones

 Snow Sprite - silvers, greens and blues
 

 Plum Fairy - pinks, purples and plums

 Night Elf- silvers, black and red


20 comments:

  1. Those palette look really nice. I'm going to have to search those out Friday. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to find these yet. Thanks for the swatches though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! this is awesome!!! I love my other 4 color icon palettes & I am definitely getting the holiday collection ones... they come with liners too??? amazing!! thanks for sharing! are they available at drugstores now??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picked up Snow Sprite and Night Elf and they are incredible!!!! @AnNeTtEe they're at Walgreens. Walgreens has 50% off this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Golden Goddess and Night Elf palettes and LOVE them! Such gorgeous palettes. I'm so glad Wet n' Wild brought their A-game for the Color Icon line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These palettes are bright and bold! A red shadow! Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the colors are gorgeous! And look at that red, wow!! :) Thanks for the swatches! You guys are so lucky that you have WnW!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the best swatches and reviews!!
    They look great!
    I wish i could purchase these,but in Greece we don't have WnW.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love the look of Night Elf because it has that bright red :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. these colors are gorgeous <3
    That bright red color is really pretty :)

    xoxo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look great, I love the first two. I've never seen the W&W palettes in Canada though :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Golden Goddess looks like MAC Natural Flare MES.
    Night Elf ....reminds me of MAC Danger Zone MES.
    If you have these, would it be possible plz for you to compare?
    Also, which is your fave?
    Thanks so much for sharing Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the heads up! Thanks to favorisntfair for the Walgreen's sale info. I am looking forward to seeing your tutorials of the palettes; especially the Night Elf!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Tina! Thanks for the post. Will u please so a look from the pallets and at least a tutorial? ~ Carnita

    ReplyDelete
  15. No prob Chanel girl. Let me know how it goes. Apparently they r scarce!

    I keep hearing that Danielle. It's funny because they weren't with the regular Wet 'n' Wild line...it was a separate display. I almost missed them too.

    U r welcome AnNeTtEe. They should be available at most drugstores now. Check Harmons and Walgreens. Look for a separate display because it may not be with the regular line.

    Thx for the heads up favorisntfair. I added the Walgreens info to he post...hope u don't mind :)

    I know right Rachel! They really stepped up these eyeshadows big time. Glad I discovered them again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These palettes r fierce rmcandlelight. The red shadow was a surprise since reds r so hard to come by.

    U r welcome Stavroula. No WnW where u r? :(

    Awwww thx so much Artemi. It sux so much that we can't have the same thing all over the world! Dammit! Makeup should be universal!

    Silhouette everyone loves that red palette. I think this one is the most sought after.

    I agree Christine. These palettes r great.

    Oh no Saadeh! They don't have them over there? That blows!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No prob Sha. I think Golden Goddess is pretty close to Natural Flare indeed. I don't have teh Danger Zone MES but I think this red is more of a cherry red with gold sparkles whilre Danger Zone has more of a richer red but they r very close if I remember from swatching it in store.

    I really like Snow Sprite because of the dark green and blue silver. I like Golden Goddess because of the pretty orange golds. So pretty!

    No prob KJ2007. I'll see what looks I can come up with :)

    Hey Carnita! I'll be playing with these a bit so look out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nope :( WnW is not available in Greece! :( I arranged a CP with a lovely blogger from the USA though and WnW is currently 50% off, so woohooooo!!! :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no Stavroula! I'm glad u could get a CP doen tho! I think these palettes r worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely not! Anyway I can help I shall...its my beauty duty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>