Nov 19, 2010

OPI Russian Navy Suede NAILS

OPI Russian Navy Suede NAILS

Did you guys get into the suede nail polish trend this summer? I picked up a few of the Suede nail polishes from OPI months ago but I didn't remember them until today. These nail polishes have a much different finish from regular polishes. The polish itself is packed with shimmer and dries down to a matte finish. The overall effect is intended to look like suede but to me it looks more like nu-buck. I personally love the effect but they don't wear very well past a couple of days.

This is OPI Russian Navy Suede Nail Lacquer - no top coat in order to keep the suede finish.



7 comments:

  1. Dontcha just LOVE finding stuff in your stash that you've forgotten about? It's like going shopping all over again. LOL Love the finish! Beautiful shade. Too bad about the short staying power. Thanks for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been interested in the whole matte/suede nail polish trend but never got around to picking up any polishes.

    This is beautiful, have you tried a top coat over it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Sha. I need to shop my stash more to remember all the great items I have hidden. The wear time is too bad but I just reapply as needed. LOL.

    Hey Arezu! The suede thing is kinda neat. I have matte polishes too but I like the matte shimmer effect of the suede polishes better. When u use top coat with these the finish changes to just a shiny shimmer polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! It's already on my wishlist ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This suede is a really nice color. I was really into reds and neutrals when these first came out so unfortunately I skipped over the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe try using a Matte top coat? I had the same issue with my matte polishes until I got a matte top coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stavroula they r really nice colors with a cool effect.

    Awwww! I think they still have them in stock blazeno.

    I agree lycanthropica. I think a matte top coat would work best. I don't have one so I just wear them for a couple of days and then change anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>