Nov 17, 2010

DAILY Makeup Routine

DAILY Makeup Routine

Have you ever wondered what someone's makeup routine is? Like a full detailed list of every single step from start to finish? Maybe there's a trick they do or some little secret that you can add to your routine. I find it interesting to learn what others do and why they do. Please feel free to share your routine with moi and the blog. I would love to know actually.... : )

Here's the method to my madness.....10 Steps to Fancy!

STEP 1 - Cleanse! I wash my face while taking a shower in the morning and at night. I find it easier to wash all the nooks and crannies right there in the shower without making a mess at the bathroom sink. This way I get to wash my neck as well and have the water rinse it all away. I use Shiseido Pureness Foaming Cleansing Fluid for this step.

Every other day or so I will follow cleansing with light exfoliation. I use a dollop of Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash for a quick refreshing scrub. It's gentle and effective at removing dead skin cells and makeup residue from the surface of my skin.

And once or twice a week (at night) I will do some extra exfoliating with my Petrika Sonic Dermabrasion Facial Brush for about a minute or so. This is a cheap alternative to the Clarisonic Skincare Brush that  just can't bring myself to buy.

STEP 2 - Eyebrows! Once I complete my shower and I'm dry (still in towel but that is maybe TMI...LOL), I sit down and do my eyebrows on a dry face. This way there are no oils or moisture on my skin that may cause my eyebrow pencil or powder to slip or smudge.
 
STEP 3 - Moisturize! This is an important step that no one should skip. It may be tricky to find the suitable moisturizer for your skin type and specific needs but it's worth it. I moisturizer after my eyebrows are done for the above mentioned reasons and let the moisturizer sink into my skin while I do my eyeshadow. I use MAC Oil Control Lotion.
 
STEP 4 - Eyeshadow! This step in and of itself is broken down into numerous mini-steps. First I prime my lids and I usually use NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Then I apply my eyeshadow base which is usually MAC Layin' Low Paintpot. Then I go in with my eyeshadow which can vary depending on the intended look but it's usually inner lid, lid, outer lid, crease, outer V, browbone then highlight.

STEP 5 - Clean-up and Concealer! Once my eyeshadow is done (just eyeshadow no liner or anything) I go in and clean up the edges and messy parts with a makeup wipe. I then go in with my undereye concealer. This is to ensure that the eyeshadow doesn't leave a mess on my face and I can conceal any dark circles and any mistakes at the same time. MUFE #14 or #12 Full Cover Concealer are my concealers of choice because they dry quickly without settling into lines.

STEP 6 - Face Primer! I apply my face primer next (or skip it) since my moisturizer has had enough time to absorb and my face is now ready for priming. I have been using Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer (review to follow).

STEP 7 - Liner and Lashes! I now move onto to my liner and lower lashline and then mascara and false eyelashes. This will be my primer enough time to set and I will be ready for foundation.

STEP 8 - Foundation and Powder! Now that my primer has had time to settle I apply foundation. I allow about a minute after applying my foundation to set with powder and I also make sure to set my undereye concealer with powder as well. I have been using MAC Blot Powder in Dark.for my face and for under my eyes Benefit Powderflage

STEP 9 - Blush, Highlight and Contour! This is one of the final steps and I save it for the end because I don't want to change the colors with setting powder. First I apply my blush then add the contour followed by the highlight. Blend and voila!

STEP 10 - Lips! My lips are the last to go on because I need to sit back and decide what lips would go well with the overall look. I apply lip balm on the way out the door and grab the day's lipstick and lipgloss to apply at my desk. I don't use a liner because I don't care about extended wear. I can always reapply if needed.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting.... I have really Oily skin, Maybe I'll give that MAC Oil Control Lotion a try. I must admit, Im LAZY when it comes to skin care. I need to become as passionate with my Skin care Regimen as I am about my Make-Up and Hair.

    Do you do your Make-Up before your hair? I ALWAYS have to finish my make-up before I can start my hair. It never looks right unless my make up is done.

    You have beautiful skin by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs you are so informative with your post, so nicely detailed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. U should definitely try out the Oil Control lotion. It is really good for oily skin. Yea girl u better embrace skincare before it's too late but with oily skin u can kinda get away with doing a little less since oily skin ages well.

    I do makeup before I do my hair. Then I can match my hair to my makeup. LOL. Does that make sense? Like a fierce look needs some fierce hair right? I need to see how it all come together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>