Nov 23, 2010

'Plum Fairy' Look

'Plum Fairy' Look

This look was inspired by Wet 'n' Wild Plum Fairy Holiday palette. I must say that Wet 'n' Wild does mattes a lot better than shimmers. The shimmers took some time to build up the color and they faded pretty quickly. If you want to try out the Wet 'n' Wild palettes I say go for the originals otherwise try out Snow Sprite from the holiday collection.

And what's a fairy with glitter? I added some sparkles for kicks and I think I may be doing the glitter thing more for the holidays.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the inner half of the lid I applied the matte light pink color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Lust Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the outer lid I applied the shimmery purple color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Fairy Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used shimmery dark pink color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Fairy Palette. MAC 217 Blending Brush
To define the crease I used shimmery dark burgundy color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Lust Palette. MAC 217 Blending Brush
For highlight I used matte light pink color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Lust Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil (shimmery purple) - INNER and shimmery dark burgundy color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Lust Palette - OUTER . MAC 219 Pencil Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner topped with MAC Reflects Purple Duo Glitter (with MAC Eyeliner Mxing Medium). MUFE Eyeliner 1N Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Princess False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Blooming Lovely Lipstick (creamy light pink) topped with MAC Ban This! Lipglass (glittery purple).

Face:

FINISH:
MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Azalea Blossom Blush (satin purple/pink) for my cheeks - MAC 134 Large Powder Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



13 comments:

  1. you look awesome! love the liner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I also love the liner.

    I only got two of the holiday palettes. I'm still on the fence with if I should still get the original ones. I already have a crapload (and I mean CRAPLOAD) of shadows, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouuuuuuu.......awww.......!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) this is BEAU-T-I-FUL!!!! great job Tina lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!
    But I don't think I could pull this off as well because of my slightly hooded eyes :-(
    You should do a post about your eyebrows. They are perfect. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the eyeliner! and the look is simply beautiful xoxo

    http://www.blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I still haven't seent the new palettes in my drugstores where did you buy yours at

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx Vonnie. I think I will start to use y glitters this way. I love the effect!

    Thx Erin. I think the originals r better than the holiday sets honestly. Which ones do u have? They r cheapo and u can get them on sale so add to the crapload my dear. LOL!

    Thanks so much Nik. I like how it turned out too actually :)

    Thx Mercedes. Try it out. One of my eyes is slightly hooded too...LOL....I have uneven eyes. Yikes! LOL! I have an eyebrow vid but it's old. I need to do a new one.

    Thanks Manda doll.

    Thanks Reina honey!

    Thanks Tyshie bear. I found them at Harmons. I also saw them at Pathmark and CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the Snow Sprite and the Night Elf holiday palette. Those are the only ones that appealed to me. If you say the originals are worth checking out, I'll do so! You're right, they are super cheap. That's one of the greatest perks, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those color combos look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you have the most amazing brows!! I love your makeup looks, they're so colourful which is what I love :D
    I have a question. How do you set up the About me, Home etc sections at the top of your page? I want to do that with my blog but I'm not sure how to.

    Chloe xx
    www.abrushwithcolour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your eyebrows are what I call PERFECTION! I love them!!! Great eye looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good choices Erin. Definitely check out the originals though...they r actually better.

    Thanks JilleCat!

    Thx so much Chloe. I use the Pages option to add those separate tabs. It's under the same section as new posts...only it's add new Page. You can organize them and then add them to the blog by adding the Page Widget. I'm not the best at explaining this stuff but I hope that helps.

    Thanks Veronica doll! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>