Nov 27, 2010

'Bronze Sapphire' Look + Tutorial

'Bronze Sapphire' Look + Tutorial

This look showcases one of my new fave ways to wear glitter. I own a lot of glitters but I never use them because I prefer matte looks...but now I found a fun way to get some use out of these sparkly products. I also made use of some Wet 'n' Wild products and a very pretty Magnolia Makeup pigment.


I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied  the matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the I applied Magnolia Makeup #014 Tanza Pigment (matte blue w/ shimmer). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used matte camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
To on the outer lid and crease I used shimmery dark bronze color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Plum Fairy Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush & MAC 217 Blending Brush
On the browbone area I used Urban Decay Baked Eyeshadow (shimmery golden bronze). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (matte black).

My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eyeliner in Black - MAC 266 Small Angle Brush - topped with MAC Blue Glitter (with MAC Eyeliner Mixing Medium) - MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes.


For my lips I used Wet 'n' Wild 901B Lipstick (matte light pink) topped with a creamy pink lipgloss from Tarte.


I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Dame Blush (light blue-pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush. For highlight I used MAC Petticoat MSF (shimmery golden pink) - Cover FX 160 Brush.


  1. Beautiful! So yea...I'm basically gonna go get those Wet N Wild palettes...

  2. WoW..I <3 your blog :-)... I gonna try this look :D

    Check me out:


  3. one word: spectacular ... as always! You inspire me so much... thank you for your blog and vids!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.