Nov 27, 2010

'Bronze Sapphire' Look + Tutorial

'Bronze Sapphire' Look + Tutorial

This look showcases one of my new fave ways to wear glitter. I own a lot of glitters but I never use them because I prefer matte looks...but now I found a fun way to get some use out of these sparkly products. I also made use of some Wet 'n' Wild products and a very pretty Magnolia Makeup pigment.

Eyes: 

PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I applied  the matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the I applied Magnolia Makeup #014 Tanza Pigment (matte blue w/ shimmer). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used matte camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
To on the outer lid and crease I used shimmery dark bronze color from the Wet 'n' Wild Plum Plum Fairy Palette. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush & MAC 217 Blending Brush
On the browbone area I used Urban Decay Baked Eyeshadow (shimmery golden bronze). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (matte black).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eyeliner in Black - MAC 266 Small Angle Brush - topped with MAC Blue Glitter (with MAC Eyeliner Mixing Medium) - MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Wet 'n' Wild 901B Lipstick (matte light pink) topped with a creamy pink lipgloss from Tarte.

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ) under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.

I used MAC Dame Blush (light blue-pink) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush. For highlight I used MAC Petticoat MSF (shimmery golden pink) - Cover FX 160 Brush.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So yea...I'm basically gonna go get those Wet N Wild palettes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    You inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW..I <3 your blog :-)... I gonna try this look :D

    Check me out: http://roqthisshitlikefashion.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. one word: spectacular ... as always! You inspire me so much... thank you for your blog and vids!

    http://meimeisbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>