Nov 16, 2010

'Float On By' Look

'Float On By' Look

I was inspired by a couple of new pigments I picked up from Inglot. They are some shimmery purple shades that I was determined to embrace....you may know of my purple issues. LOL. Anywho here goes...
Eyes:
PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct I applied Inglot #74 Pure Pigment Eyeshadow (shimmery lilac). MAC 242 Shader Brush
Next on the middle of the I applied Ingot #47 Pure Pigment Eyeshadow (shimmery purple). MAC 242 Shader Brush
On the outer lid I used Illamasqua Never Eyeshadow (matte navy blue). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
On the browbone area and for blending I used the matte camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used the matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the MAC Float On By Eye Kohl Pencil (shimmery teal).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Style 263 False Eyelashes for effect.


Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used OCC Memtnto Lip Tar (matte coral) topped with MAC Melt In Your Mouth Cremesheen Glass (creamy pink).

 
Face:
FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.
I used MAC Melba Blush (matte muted coral) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush.


 Oh! Don't forget Cheer Bear and my drink of choice! : )


12 comments:

  1. I love purples on u, still don't get why u don't like them. In fact, I think you're one of the few ppl who can pull off everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning as usual!! one question though, what did you use on your lower lashline? it looks as if you used a turqoise glittery pencil or something but in the list there's only the L'oreal Hip cream liner in black listed. :) xoxo

    http://blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx Saadeh my luv. Purple is my Achilles' heel I suppose. I have to mix them with something. I have no idea y...hmph!

    Thanks so much Manda my dear. I need to do a new eyebrow video since I'm more comfortable on camera now. For my lower lashline I used the MAC Float On By Eye Kohl Pencil (shimmery teal). The lower lashline stuff is usually posted on the last line of the Color portion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I have to agree, I love the purples on you too (I especially like that shimmery one you are wearing in the middle!). We must have woke with the same idea today as I am sporting the purple eyeshadow today also - tho nothing as pretty as yours! Your purple is my peacock! I love teal but I always feel weird when I wear it - same goes for red lipstick, I must own half a dozen (all worn once) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty can't wait to try I love purple
    thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think purples look great on you Tina. We all have our nemeses though. :O)

    Overall well pulled together as usual.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am planning to recreate this look with my MAC products.
    Beautiful Iris
    Parfait Amour
    Contrast.
    I have Float of by from to the Beatch Collection...

    Gentle reminder: Still waiting on the my favorite Blushed post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, those colors look great on you. Your hair is really growing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx Sarah hon. U know what? I don't hate purples but I have to mix them with something else to make it work for me. I'm sure u look great :). we r our worst critic. I love teals! Maybe mix it will another color (like purple heee heee) to make it workable for u. Ditto for the red lips girl. I am there with u on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx msjay. Hope u have fun playing :)

    Thanks Sha. LOL. Yep we all have that little monkey to kck off our backs huh.

    That sounds divine camille. Should be a pretty look too. I'm working on the blushes. Not to worry. LOL. Actually typingup now. Just swatches left.

    Thanks Tyshie boo. yep it's growing and growing. I can't wait for it to reach my ideal length.

    Thanks Priscilla.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tina this look is gorgeous. Purples are my favorite, and I think you wear it well. I know your not a make up artist, and just love make up but I have a question. Where do you pull these color combos from? I'm searching for my inner artistry..lol and I am a make up artist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>