Nov 22, 2010

My Favorite Blushes

My Favorite Blushes


 I was asked to do a post of my favorite blushes and here goes nothing. It took me a little while to get everything in order and swatched but I hope it helps. And somehow I can't find my MAC Tartan Tale Collection blush sets which hold a couple of my fave blushes...thankfully I already have pictures of them. Argh! Don't hide from me my pretties!
I also threw in a couple of declared bronzers and highlight shades that I use as blushes instead. And...I couldn't stop at 10 or even 20...but hey that means more options right? : )

Oh and don't forget to share your favorites with us too....maybe some I should check out!
*********************************


Bite of An Apple - Soft coral pink (Matte) (Limited Edition - MAC Venomous Villains Collection)

I love Bite Of An Apple. It gives a great natural flush to the skin. I was nervous at first when I saw how bright it was but it doesn't apply as red as shown in the pan.
 ----------------------------------------
Coygirl - Powdered rose (Sheertone)
Coygirl is one of my faves because it's such a simple and subtle purple pink. it leans on the cool side and pairs well with cooler toned looks.

----------------------------------------
 Gingerly - Capri bronze (Sheertone)
I always saw Gingerly at my counter but never picked it up until a MUA STRONGLY recommended it for my skintone. What a great neutral color for dark skin. It adds the perfect glow without being pink.

----------------------------------------
Instant Chic - Mid-tone muted coral (Sheertone) (Limited Edition)
I'm so happy I picked this up and I'm surprised it wasn't more of a hit. it is such a great soft coral color without being too orange.

 ----------------------------------------
Melba - Soft coral-peach (Matte)
Melba is a fantastic peachy coral blush. It has just the right touch of peach and coral mixed in and it matte!

 ----------------------------------------
Peachykeen - Very baby peach (Sheertone Shimmer)
What a pretty blush. it has a great peach base with golden shimmer and looks so glowy and healthy on the skin.

----------------------------------------
Petticoat - Pale rose with gold and amber veining (Frost) (Limited Edition - MAC In The Groove Collection) (Repromote)
 This is my fave MSF of all time. It's great for all skintones and adds just the right amount of golden pink shimmer to the cheeks.

----------------------------------------
Pink Swoon - Clearly pink (Sheertone)
Pink Swoon is divine! It's a cool toned pink and sheers out for a nice glow.

 ----------------------------------------
Plum Foolery - Faintly Plum (Sheertone Shimmer)
How did I not own this before MAC A Tartan Tale Collection? It's a gorgeous golden plum color.

----------------------------------------
Ripe Peach -  Light coral (Blush Ombre - Satin) (Limited Edition - MAC Spring Forecast Collection)
This is one product that deserved the hype! it's well sought after and for good reason. It can vary from a light coral peach to a more pinky peach depending on the color concentration used and it has the softest touch of shimmer for a kick.

----------------------------------------
Sincere Muted beige/coral (Sheertone) 
 This is a simple neutral blush for those 'natural' days. Barely shows up but adds a nice glowy effect to the skin.

----------------------------------------
Springsheen - Peach with pearl (Sheertone Shimmer)
Oh! What a great golden coral color. This blows Stereo Rose out of the water for me.

----------------------------------------
Stark Naked - Shimmery mid-tone mauve with gold pearl (Beauty Powder Blush)
This is a nice golden plum blush and one of the only plum blushes I will use.

 ----------------------------------------
Utterly Game - Warm peach with soft pearl (Mineralize Blush - Frost) (Limited Edition - MAC Fabulous Felines Collection)
This again was a great blush that many people slept on. It is still on the MAC website. It's a great subtle coral shade for just the right flush on the cheeks.


READ MORE
 **********************************

Make Up For Ever

Sculpting Blush #12 - Matte Rosewood
I love the MUFE Sculpting blushes and it's too bad Sephora no longer carries them. #12 is a great dusty rose color.
----------------------------------------
Sculpting Blush #22 - Iridescent Orange Coral
#22 is a gorgeous golden orange color that just pops when used on the cheeks.

 ----------------------------------------
HD Microfinish Blush #6 - Quickie (salmon pink)
Quickie is such a great light salmon pink.
 ----------------------------------------
HD Microfinish Blush #8 - PDA (pinky nude)
This one is great for a natural pink flush.

----------------------------------------
HD Microfinish Blush #12 - First Kiss (bright apricot)
Dark skin looks great in orange and this is no exception!


**********************************

Expose - Soft Peach (matte)
I have a few Illamasqua blushes and I like them a lot. This one is a great orange without being too bold.

 
**********************************


Amour - Peachy Pink (matte)
Amour is one of the only blushes from NARS that is certainly worth some love.
----------------------------------------
Deep Throat - Peach with shimmer (shimmer)
This is far better than NARS Orgasm (glitter bomb) if you ask me. The shimmer is as in your face and it works well on all skintones.
  
 **********************************


Biscuit - Muted Dusty Coral (matte)
Don't sleep on Studio Gear at all. I find these blushes to be great for natural looks. 
----------------------------------------
Natural - Muted Dusty Rose (matte)


Natural indeed and proud of it!
**********************************

 

 Park Avenue Princess - Highly pearled light yellow gold (pearl)
This Tarte bronzer is such a great golden highlighter for warm and darker skintones. I love it! One of the only bronzers I own and use.

Can we talk for a minute though? Personally (as in my humble opinion...please please don't kill me) I think MAC wins the blush race hands down. That is not to say there aren't gems out there from other brands. I just feel that MAC has the most variety in finish, color and choices. I mean hello to Sheertone, Cremeblend, MSFs, Matte, Satin, Beauty Powder, Mineralize, Blushcreme, Frost, Sheertone Shimmer...etc! And (here's the kicker...I know a lot of people will disagree on this one) I don't think NARS is worth the money for their blushes. They are nice enough but for me they are over-rated. I don't think they are sub par at all don't get me wrong, I just don't think they are superior to other brands. 


12 comments:

  1. That is some collection, I think I will do a post on my blushes. I never heard of Studio Gear, you should try Ben Nye blushes or Lafemme, chile the payoff on those colors are beautiful and they are cheap, Ben Nye about 7 or 8 dollars and lafemme $3.00, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the Illamasqua blush! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful collection hun,love it all that Plum foolery is great&I want those MUFE blushes lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so right... I thought Nars would impress me more... I'm dying to try the Illamasqua! LOVE your blog!
    http://meimeisbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post. I have been trying hard to justify NARS prices and so here I am with 0 NARS blushes and maybe I won't even start =) as I am happy with MAC and other brands still, which costs much less and works beautifully nonetheless. Illamasqua has now reached my city and I'm excited to try it out!! =) One of my favourite all time blush is MAC Cantaloupe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this post. The only one I have of out these is my latest purchase is is Plum Foolery..but I didnt get in the holiday form I got the regular on I dont know I have this thing about my makeup looking the same......that is my I hate MAC new quad design

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! We've got quite a few similar favorites!! As much as I love MAC blushes for their variety, I really love Illamasqua too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally rock for making this post. I love all the MAC blushes and clearly need to get into the MUFE blushes. Thanks Fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great posting!! yeah i love MAC blushes! i want a matte red one next! yeah Nars prices are crazy! and i have to put on so much my love joy to make it show up

    ReplyDelete
  10. such pretty colours!! i love bite of an apple and peachy keen! i've only got 3 blushes from Mac till now so can't really compare them yet xoxo

    http://www.blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree...love the MAC blushes.

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>