Nov 1, 2010

'The Golden Family Crest' Look

'The Golden Family Crest' Look


For this look I used two of the new pigments from the MAC A Tartan Tale Collection. I look these pigments but I still need to get a feel for true smokey looks. I forgot my lip stuff at home and had to go bare lipped for the day. Not as bad as I thought but I felt a tad naked. :) 

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On my inner lid I applied MUFE #102 Eyeshadow (matte light lemon).
Next on the middle of the I applied MAC Gold Dusk Pigment (shimmery light yellow gold).
On the outer lid and crease I applied MAC The Family Crest Pigment (blackened bronze w/ pearl).
On browbone area and for blending I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink).
For my lower lashline I used MAC Moonlight Night Pigment (blackened teal w/ pearl).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Opulash Mascara in Black for my lashes and added Ardell #110 False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

Nothing but Blistex (forgot my lips stuff at home on the couch...LOL).


Face:  

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with Stila One Step Correct Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 for my face set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW35 and NC45 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage Set.
I used MAC Melba Blush (matte coral peach) for my cheeks and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look Tina, great use of a smokey colour for daytime. I also love ur hair, I don't think I've seen u wear it like that before <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look it HOT, ya see you, you does make me spend money, I wasn't going to get any pigments, LOL but seeing how they came out I have to purchase, Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Tina.

    Do you think this look can be recreated with MAC Sumptuous Olive and NARS Mekong on the outter V???

    What color lippie were you planning to wear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really beautiful hun,I love it&ur top is so prety too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!

    I think the no lippie actually looks great. I've had those days many times, and it comes out looking better without color on my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx Saadeh hon. I think I have only done this hair style a couple of times on here. I tend to wear it like this when I'm going out. Slick ponytail for work usually. LOL!

    Tysh girl u know I'm the last one to save u money! LOL! I need company with my crazy addicted self. U will be mad tho if u don't get those pigments. One day like one day! LOL!

    Thx Lady. I actually do think that Sumptious Olive and NARS Mekong would be a great alternative for this look. Good thinking! I was going to wear a nude lips with golden peach gloss.

    Thanks Sharon. Say hello to my JCPenny top. :)

    Thanks Deanna my sweet!

    Thanx Erin. I used to go without lips all the time. LOL! It is actually quite nice. Hahahaaa! I think if u already have colored lips then lip balm is all u need sometimes.

    Thanks Cat hon!

    Thx Marinad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>