Nov 18, 2010

'Simple Blue Liner' Look

'Simple Blue Liner' Look

So today I had to pick up a new test product (you may be aware that I do consumer testing of beauty products - nothing very involved just "Hey try this, what do you think?") and I had to go in with a freshly washed face. I brought a few items with me to do a quick look once I was done with that and here's the result.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush

COLOR:
On the entire lid I applied Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
On the browbone area and crease I used the matte camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used matte ivory color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
To deepen the crease I used matte dark brown color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette. MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the Urban Decay Flipside 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil (shimmery teal blue) - OUTER and the shimmery gold color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette - INNER. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with NARS Blue Bayou Stylo Eyeliner.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Illamasqua Move Intense Lipgloss (creamy muted pink).

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch in #5 and MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer - Fingers : ).
I used MAC Gingerly Blush (matte capri bronze) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight - MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush.



12 comments:

  1. You are beautiful and I love your looks so don't take this the wrong way - but you look SO beautiful with a minimal look like this. It lets your real beauty be the focus more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous and I love your looks so don't take this the wrong way - but you look stunning with minimal make up like this. It really lets your natural beauty shine but you still look put together. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, I always wanted to get that liner but never pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sher.

    Thx Tysh. It's a nice liner hon. The color is like the best blue I ever found in a liquid liner. But it stains so that's a drawback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Junkie. I don't take that the wrong at all not to worry. :) It's a great compliment.

    I really only do full face makeup for the blog and on weekends and regular days I keep my makeup very minimal and basic. I love my natural face but during the week I like to get creative, again for the blog and just to spice up my workday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue liner with the fuchsia lips! I'm sporting a simple eye with blue liner today myself, except I have on vampy lips (shocking!). Great minds think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy all the fun looks you come up with but this one is my favorite on you thus far. its simpler and enhances your beautiful face...I hope you do not take it the wrong way but sometimes it looks like way too much and this is juuuusst right for you and everyday where at least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it ALOT. May hafta copy! LOL
    I have a bangin blue dress. I thought I would keep it simple w/ a neutral e/s & just blue liner. :O) I'm still stuck about the lips though. Maybe show orchid...no gloss. Thanks for the inspiration Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the blue liner look! it really makes a difference from the usual black liner. The blue liners I have are not very pigmented though ;<

    xoxo

    http://blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. a really cool but still glam look.
    very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>