Nov 2, 2010

'Play It Cool' Look

'Play It Cool' Look

This look is using the 6 Beauties Play It Cool Eyeshadow Palette from the MAC A Tartan Tale Collection. The colors turned out to be pretty dark all around so I suppose it's a cool smokey purple palette. Hmmmm.....I guess I'm OK with it...LOL!

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On my inner lid and tearduct I applied MAC Silverwear Eyeshadow (frosted metallic lavender).  
Next on the middle of the I applied MAC Hold My Gaze Eyeshadow (frosty medium grey).
On the crease I applied MAC To the Ball Eyeshadow (satin dusty lavender ).
For the outer lid crease I used MAC Altered State Eyeshadow (shimmery purple grape).
To deepen the outer V I used MAC Heather Belles Eyeshadow (shimmery charcoal/carbon).
On browbone area and for blending I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For my lower lashline I used MAC Magic Moor Eyeshadow (shimmery blackened plum) - OUTER and MAC Silverwear Eyeshadow (frosted metallic lavender) - INNER.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Opulash Mascara in Black for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Annie False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:


POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Snob Lipstick (bubblegum pink) topped with MAC English Accents Lipglass (creamy pink).

Face:


FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 for my face set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW35 and NC45 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage Set.
I used MAC Plum Foolery Blush (shimmery dusty plum)  for my cheeks and MAC Oh So Fair Beauty Powder (light pink) for highlight.



6 comments:

  1. Wonderful MakeUp!!!
    Are you professional?
    Here in Brazil it's difficult to find good makeup articles.
    Kisses,
    Fernanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You have great features and such a beautiful skintone. I spend hours and hours outside to achieve what you have naturally and then mine just fades in a couple weeks anyway. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty as always will have to give this a shot i hope it comes out like yours i got this pallete and the twisted tarans pallete thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful makeup as usual
    :)
    I always love the choice of your lipsticks
    the colors are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful as usual hun,I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Fernanda. Nope not a professional. Just a makeup lover! :)

    Thanks so much polarbelle. Heee heeee heee at losing your tan. It's too bad that some of us women of color hate our skintone while others would love to have it.

    Thx msjay. Let me know how it goes. The color surprised me with how dark they actually come off.

    Thx Cat. I just wing it with my lips. I have no idea how to pair lip colors. I just grab what I think may work. I'm glad they do.

    Thx Sharon my love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>