Nov 15, 2010

'Moonlight Drama' Look

'Moonlight Drama' Look

So I have been trying out some new products and I am in love with some of them! I have to share with you guys very very soon (but not before I truly put them to the test). I actually liked how this smoky look turned out and I think I'm finally getting the hang of the 'smoke'. LOL. And I'm still loving these new pigments from MAC A Tartan Tale Collection.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) on my lid and brow bone area as my primary base. Sonia Kashuk Dome Blending Brush. I used MAC Blackground Paintpot (shimmery smoky black) all over my lid as a secondary base. MAC 242 Shader Brush.

COLOR:
On the inner lid I applied MAC Naked Dark Pigment (medium beige with pearl). Sonia Kashuk Medium Eyeshadow Brush
Next on the rest of the I applied MAC Moonlight Pigment (blackened teal w/ teal pearl). MAC 242 Shader Brush
On the crease I used Illamasqua Drama Eyeshadow (matte deep slate). MAC Large 252 Shader BrushOn the browbone area and for blending I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne). MAC Large 252 Shader Brush
For my lower lashline I used the Bourjois Duochrome Eyeliner Pencil in 61 Vert dore (shimmery lime green).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Stila #28 Smudge Pot Brush
I used Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Erotica False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Brace New Bronze Lipstick (matte peachy nude) topped with MAC Chai Lipglass (creamy nude).

 
Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Tarte ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #14 Full Cover Concealer under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Beauty Blender Sponge.
I used MAC Gingerly Blush (capri bronze) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush topped with Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer (highly pearled light yellow gold).




13 comments:

  1. God you are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you're doing lotsa smoldering looks lately, keep it up ;) is that the Orly blue polish (forgot the name, from fall) on ur nails? It looks like it...

    Have a great Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried the jane iredale mineral bases? I have noticed no one on any of the forms or blogs I frequant uses them. They come in a variety of global(darker) shades and have an spf 20. I figured if anyone has tried them it would be you!

    I dont blog myself but I read yours daily, I first started watching your looks from makeup geek. I love all your work esepcially the fact that you work with a lot of matte colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marinad!

    Awww Artemi u rock my world! Thx doll.

    I'm following u Saadeh1 LOL. I don't know I just have the smoky vibes lately. Weird! How did u know?? U beauty lover u! It's Orly La Playa. Enjoy ur Monday my dear!

    Thanks so much Anonymous. Sorry I haven't tried them. Where r the bases sold? I never heard of them. I don't seem to get around to the lesser known brands because they r not as easy to get a hold of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina this came out really nice, I love those pigments, I still didn't get them as yet, hopefully they still have more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look! Love the smokey blue with a peachy nude lip. Gorgeous!
    I really love the way you break down your products, like a combined tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this look!! you make such gorgeous looks xoxo

    http://blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tysh girl what do u mean u didn't get them yet??!!! Those r long gone I'm sure. Thx mama!

    Thanks Widdlesh. I'm glad the breakdown helps!

    Thx Martin my dear!

    Thanks Diva.

    Thanks PureBeauty.

    Thx Sher honey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour Tina, pourrais-tu faire un tuto de ta coiffure s'il te plaƮt, merci :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>