Nov 4, 2010

'Dark Greensmoke' Look

'Dark Greensmoke' Look

Hey guys! This is a smokey look that I am not loving but alas what to do. I will figure out the best way to do smokey on myself if it kills me! I used a few new eyeshadows that I just hauled and posted swatches of so if you are curious about the shades check earlier posts.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Greengrease Greasepaint Stick all over my lid and MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On my inner lid I applied MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).
Next on the middle of the I applied the dark green from the Wet 'n' Wild Snow Sprite Palette (shimmery dark green).
On the outer lid and crease I applied Urban Decay Libertine Eyeshadow from the Black Palette (matte blackened green w/ shimmer).
On browbone area and for blending I used the camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild  Lust Palette (matte camel).
For my lower lashline I used Urban Decay Jet Eyeshadow from the Black Palette (matte blackened purple w/ shimmer) - OUTER and MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne) - INNER.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Opulash Mascara in Black for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Annie False Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE #438 Lipstick (dirty coral) topped with MAC Kumquat Lipglass (shimmery orange peach).

Face:
FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 for my face set my t-zone with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE #12 Full Cover Concealer under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage Set.
I used Illamasqua Lover Blush (vibrant apricot) for my cheeks and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight.

  

12 comments:

  1. Girl what are you talking about that looks great, its better to start of with greens, blues, purples, I used to feel the same way about smokey I haven't attempted to do just black I might look a HOT MESS, LOL,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty on you. Not sure why you dont like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty as always hun I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this... It's very pretty.

    I L.O.V.E your blog. You are so creative! Keep it Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is lovely. You can definitely pull off the smokey eye look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so pretty and green looks great on you! :) I love greens!! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look is amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Green is my fave color! Love this!
    I didn't think of putting the lighter green as a transition color. I'm going to def try that next x.

    I usually use
    Base (MAC Mosscape or L'Oreal Color Rich Cream Crayon in AUTHENTIC
    Mobile Lid - MAC pigment GOLDEN OLIVE
    Crease & Outer V darker side of L'Oreal HiP Duo in GUNMETAL
    L'Oreal Matte WARM BROWN as a transition to highlight.
    Can't wait to get my hands on WnW Holiday Set(s)
    Thanks so much for sharing Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx Tysh girl. I think my prob is the shape...panda girl! Hahahahaaa! I think i shud stick to smoked-out looks rather tahn full on smoke. I think I'm choking! :)

    Thx Prissy and Nicole. I'm still getting used to the smokey idea...I guess dark lids erk me...heee heee!

    Thanks LadyBugB.

    Thx Sharon luv!

    Thx CruzB. As long as u guys want me I'll be around :)

    Thanks Amy my sweet. I need some more practice. i need to find my niche with smokey looks.

    Thanks Stavroula. I love greens too. I wore it all week I noticed. LOL.'

    Thanks Naomi hon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx Sha girl! That sounds so pretty! Do u use the Golden Olive all the way into the tearduct area? I think that's what's throwing me off...I'm so used to a lighter tearduct area. IDK! Get on them WnW palettes girl! Better get to Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. God, I love green e/s ! This make-ip look is gorgeous.
    I just bought my first Wet'n'Wild e/s palette thanks to your good reviews and I guess it will not be the first and last one : can't wait to get that Snow Sprite one now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>