Sep 23, 2010

'She Who Dares' Look

'She Who Dares' Look

This look was inspired by one of the new Mineralized Eyeshadows from the MAC Venomous Villains Collection - She Who Dares. I went to an unveiling event here in NY (specifically Queens) and picked up just a couple of unique items from the collection. The collection has alot of dupeable or repromoted products that didn't impress me too much. I will do swatches and quick reviews upcoming.

Thanks to my girl Amy for inviting me as her guest after I was shot down. And also 'hey girl' to a sweet reader that said hi to me at the event. She didn't tell me her name : ( and I was looking for her but she disappeared on me.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
For the inner lid I applied Urban Decay S&M Eyeshadow (bright metallic silver shimmer).
On the middle of the lid I applied the green side of MAC She Who Dares Mineralized Eyeshadow (sparkly forest green).
For the outer lid and outer V I used MAC Carbon Eyeshadow (matte black).
On the crease and brow bone area I applied the Creamy Camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
For my highlight I used MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
For my lower lashline I used the blue side of MAC She Who Dares Mineralized Eyeshadow (sparkly deep blue) - outer and Urban Decay S&M Eyeshadow (bright metallic silver shimmer) - inner.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with Beautee Senses Princess false eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE #25 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick (peachy nude) topped with MAC Young Thing Lipglass (shimmery light nude).


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Urban Decay De-slick In A Tube. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe for my face set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark topped with MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage.
I used MUFE PDA #8 HD Microfinish Blush (pinky nude) for my cheeks.

23 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful! Good for a night out! love it! Thanks! :)

    http://live-love-makeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome... We don't have any cool events like this in my city... So, yeah I have to wait. But this is definitely on my list of must haves! :-)

    Thanks for sharing. Love your work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She who dare's wasn't on my radar but you look so gorg with it on i'll have to reconsider

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooh, die shimmer in het midden heel mooi. Liefs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic look. All the hype over VV and I am just over it already. I started out with a wish list of about $300 of stuff. I'm now down to Brash & Bold and the 2 mineral eyeshadows. You are right, there are some duplicable items for sure. I'd rather make my way to the Pro store and spend my $$$ on some goodies there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luv this!! i went to my local preview party and I got she who dares too! I agree about the collection have a lot of dupeable products..i was not impressed with the eyeshadows at all..anywho thanks for the inspration and the gorgeous look

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way the green and the black look together, you always do such an awesome job. I guess I will be checking this out, I was actually going to the one in Soho yesterday but changed my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are totally rocking the smokey eyes. I don't think I've seen smokey on you that often and you should def wear it more.

    Is that a denim top u're wearing? Looks very intriguing from what I can see :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I didn't even think about introducing myself. I was trying to get out of the crowd, but my name is Teqiyya and it was nice meeting you :) I also picked up She Who Dares, I'm going to try this out. Nice look as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this look is just totally awesome! i love how it makes your eye color look dark! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx Live.Love.MakeUp. This would certainly be a good nite time look. The sparkles show up more in person too.

    Thanks Sharon hon.

    Thx lovelifelive4evr. They should have these events everywhere! LOL. I guess they MAC chooses different stores for these events. They usually only have two per year so...who knows. Definitely check the MES out. They r one of the unique things in this collection.

    Thanks BeautyGUMBO.

    Thanx Kalypso honey.

    Thx girl. I agree with u favorisntfair sweets. There r a bunch of dupes and just a couple things stand out. The MES r worth checking out and so are the cooling powders if u r into gimmicky things. :) And PRO is always a GOOD time!

    Thx icosmeticRN. I liked the premise of the collection but I guess they could have done better with the products. They r not bad by any means but they r not exciting. U know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thx Tysh girl. The green looked even brighter and more sparkly in person. Make sure u check the MES out girl. U may like at least one.

    Thx Saadeh. I tend to stay away from smokey looks because I am afraid of looking like a panda. LOL. but they r not too bad I guess. The top is cotton actually...LOL! It's a deep forest green so it kinda looks like denim.

    Teqiyya girl u r crazy!! I was looking around for u but u were gone! I was like I didn't even get her name :( so I could shout her out. Nice to meet u too my dear. What else did u get? The collection didn't wow me but it was a fun night.

    Thx santanamaria. I love when my eye look almost black. it can scare ppl and I love that! LOL!

    Thanks so much Danielitsa hon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving this look...keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty. I can't wait to grab these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really Beautiful look! I love this! FABU!!! Also thanks for being a make-up artist that can take good critics with the bad and not go off. :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thx Prettybiggirlj. I'll do my best :)

    Thanx CosmeticQT. You will enjoy these...especially if u like sparkly smokey eyes.

    Thanks so much GorgeousPuddin. I'm cool with crits cawz I know we all have different tastes and preferences. Plus how else would we improve if we didn't take the good with the bad? I could be walking around looking a mess because no one pointed it out. LOL. Not cute. Besides it easy to differentiate between constructive crits and those that r just being vindictive and mean. U know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! I also went to an unveiling here in CA and can't wait to really sit down and play with all the goods :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that lipstick omgosh it's so lovely, I've been searching for a peachy nude that would suit my color and this is perfect, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>