Sep 14, 2010

'French Coif' Look

'French Coif' Look

So I started off the day in good spirits all excited to play with my new Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadows and bam! They are not so fun! So I removed all my makeup and started over and to no avail....they still suck. So I start over again using my reliable MAC Pigments instead for a much better result. Then I burnt my top while ironing so again I started over and of course got to work late...hmph! Hope you are having a better day than I am....

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Painterly Paintpot (matte light beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
For the inner lid I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).

On the middle of the lid I applied MAC Cool Pink Pigment (matte light blue pink).
For the outer lid and crease I used MAC French Violet Pigment (matte purple).
On the brow bone and for blending I applied Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with MAC #7 false eyelashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Blooming Lovely Lipstick (light lavender pink) topped with MAC English Accents Lipglass (medium pink).


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC45 for my face. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage. I set my foundation with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used NARS Amour Blush (matte peachy pink) for my cheeks and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight.

Curse bad days!!!

14 comments:

  1. Sorry your day started off so crazy. If it makes you feel better; your makeup is flawless like always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try having kids to deal with in the morning and putting on your makeup, LOL, I love this look I wish they still had these pigments, STRUPS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that your morning was so rough. I often have mornings like that. But hurray for making it to work and for the beautiful look you've done! I would have gone back to bed... I especially love the French Violet pigment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhh, this look is really pretty. I find that purples don't really help me at all but I LOVE this look on you.

    http://shadespromakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your makeup is AMAZING :)

    xoxo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. u look absolutely beautiful hun,I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you had a rough start Tina. I hate when that happens. You surely don't look like it though. Another awesome look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The looks still came together very polished, I really love pastel shades on you. Your skintone makes them more vibrant. Too bad about the Sugarpill new pigments. I really liked the first set she put out. What don't you like about them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing even with a start like that you still pulled off a beautiful look as always : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heel mooi. De kleuren matchen zo goed. Liefs, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much my lovelies for your kids words. it was just a bad start to my day but thankfully it ended well :)

    The Sugarpill eyeshadows really made me sad because they are so pretty in the jar but such a pain to work with. The original ones were such a dream but what to do.

    Thankfully my MAC pigments came to the rescue! Via MAC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look on you it is so pretty. Since MAC discontinued these colors, do you recommend any substitutes being that these colors are very hard to find. I have been looking for them on several sites. Thank you for your blog and posts they always inspire me to do better make up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful makeup.. and I love the curse bad days pic lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>