Sep 20, 2010

'Royal Opal' Look

'Royal Opal' Look'

I love Make Up For Ever and this look in I used quite a few of their products. They can do no wrong in my eyes...except for the new Aquarelle stuff (but I may be using them incorrectly so who am I to judge).

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
For the inner lid I applied MAC Pink Opal Pigment (shimmery white with pink douchrome).
On the middle of the lid I applied MUFE #118 Eyeshadow (matte vibrant light blue).
For the outer lid I used MUFE #92 Eyeshadow (matte vibrant purple).
On the crease and brow bone area I applied MUFE #9 Eyeshadow (matte vibrant lavender).
For my highlight I used MAC Brule Eyeshadow (satin creamy beige).
For my lower lashline I used MUFE #168 Eyeshadow (iridescent lagoon green).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MUFE #15 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick (shimmery purple) topped with MAC Lavender Wind Lipglass (light lavender).

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation in #70 for my face set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage.
I used MUFE #8 HD Microfinish Blush (pinky nude) for my cheeks.

Yea I'm wearing purple lips....and? LOL!

17 comments:

  1. The purple lipstick is a different look for you but I really like it. I think it goes well with your complexion. You are using all of my favorite colors in this look. This will be one that I try to re-create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is HOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!, love the lips my goodness, I am also convinced that you have all the MUFE eyeshadows, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaking amazing and I love the fact you've colour coordinated everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the lip color in this, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love!
    you're rocking the purple lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa..this is really beautiful..I love it..e purple lippy suits u very well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heel mooi en apart. Staat je goed. Liefs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. STRIKING! Love the combo! Thanks for sharing Tina :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes you are wearing purple lips..AND...they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look amazing with purple lips mama! I wish I could pull it off like u. Oh and MUFE rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty, love the look some of my faviorte colors and very partial to purples thanks again for sharing your talents and time have a great week : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome look. Love the lip color. You wear it well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is my fave look on you so far. Rock on wit ya purple lips, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to admit----I LOVE this lipstick. I've been working with a sample, because my Sephora is sold out and hasn't gotten stock yet. I'm amazed more people aren't wearing purple lipstick. It looks pinker on you than it does on me, but that may be because I'm idiotically pale. Such a fun color though, and I like it with those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the eyes.
    beautiful, purple and green - anyone here in Nigeria will say i am going crazy but see how beautiful it looks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Chanel. The purple was different but I really liked it. I think it worked out well too.

    Thx Tysh! U should have seen me rocking the purple like what???!!! LOL! Girl i own most of those MUFE shadows and I love them ALL! They r my babies.

    Thx VampiressDoll. I love to coordinate although many ppl will say it's tacky. I say yea and? LOL.

    Thx blazeno.8. I was worried about the purple but it's not bad at all right.

    Thanks Mandy girl. I was trying my best to keep a str8 face with these purple lips on. At least no one questioned me.

    Thx Sharon hon. I liked the purple too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Kalypso. All is well here. How r u doing?

    Thx sha girl. My pleasure.

    LOL Naomi. Thanks lovely.

    Thx Saadeh. I bet you could rock the purple lips like nobody's business. I'll be waiting to see. MUFE rules!

    Thx so much msjay09. I'm warming up to purples slowly but surely. I'm so happy to share here. Enjoy ur week too luv.

    Thanks so much Anonymous.

    Thanks so much Artemis honey!

    thepaintedmask the lipstick is fab. I hope u get a full size soon. I think we may see more purple lips this fall season. They r popping up all over. It does look a bit pinky on me but like u said maybe it's my complexion.

    Hahahaha BO - Makeup Is Art. Makeup is art so we r never crazy :) Tell Nigeria that I said so. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>