Sep 13, 2010

'Brash and Bold' Look

'Brash and Bold  ' Look

This look is somewhat of a prelude to the MAC Venomous Villains Collection due out in a couple of weeks. One of the pigments from the MAC Make Up Artist Collection (Fall 2009) is being re-promoted under the Dr. Facilier portion of the collection - Brash & Bold. And brash and bold it is. It's a bright magenta color that packs a super punch. This is a definite must-swatch at the very least. I will be picking up a full size to go with my sample from my girl Amy.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Painterly Paintpot (matte light beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
For the inner lid I applied MAC Lovely Lily Pigment (shimmery lilac).
On the middle of the lid I applied MAC Partylicious Pigment (shimmery teal).
For the outer lid and crease I used MAC Grape Pigment (frosty deep purple).
On the brow bone I applied MAC Bold & Brash Pigment (frosty bright magenta).
For highlight I used MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).

On my lower lashline I applied MAC Lovely Lily Pigment (shimmery lilac) - INNER, MAC Blue Cyan Chromagraphic Pencil (matte cyan blue) - MIDDLE and MAC Grape Pigment (frosty deep purple) - OUTER.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with MAC #7 false eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Inglot #31 Lip Pencil (matte blue pink) topped with MAC Docile Lipglass (light iridescent pink).

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe for my face. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage. I set my foundation with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MAC Tippy Blush (matte bright pink) for my cheeks and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour and highlight.

15 comments:

  1. You wear B&B so well ... I should have just sent you the whole jar so you could do it justice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! teal, pink and purple are the best together! I don't have Brash and Bold but I do have Fuchsia, Bright Fuchsia and MUFE #75. I think I'm set :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving this look girl, I have a sample of the B & B, I think I may play with it tomorrow see what I come up with. I am convinced you have every pigment from MAC, LOL, I don't even recognize half the names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I have been to your blog in forever! Loveee this look. Your blending skills are super sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! Do you do this at work or at home before going to work? This look like it takes time to do, but looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really beautiful..I love it hun

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this look, so pretty :)

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are lovely!! Great job on this look

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your eyes look gorgeous. The colours go really well together.

    awaywiththefairiesx.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those colors! Such a cute look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heel erg mooi. De kleuren , WOOOHH, ben er weg van. Liefs, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the pop of fuschia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful as always. You can work those matte eye shadows. I have a hard time blending matte shadows without the color fading.

    http://www.touchingfaceswithbeautyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>