Sep 22, 2010

'Fruity Pebbles' Look

'Fruity Pebbles' Look

Today I had some extra time to play with so I did a cut crease (yep instead of going to work early...for shame). Again I used my version of the cut-crease technique rather than the widely used pencil method.
I am also testing out a couple of new things before I form an opinion so if you see something new pop up don't assume I like it yet. I'm taking them for a ride before I say anything about them.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the crease and brow bone area I applied MUFE Purple #92 Eyeshadow (matte brilliant purple).
To blend the crease color I used MUFE Fuchsia #26 Eyeshadow (vibrant matte pink).
To deepen and define the crease I used MUFE Black #4 Eyeshadow (matte black).
For my highlight I used the Light Beige color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
To cut the crease I used MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) with a MAC 242 Brush.
For the inner tearduct area I used MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
For the inner lid I applied Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow (matte bright yellow).
On the middle of the lid I applied MUFE Irish Green #93 Eyeshadow (matte bright green).
For the outer lid I used MUFE Turquoise Matte #72 Eyeshadow (matte vibrant turquoise).
For my lower lashline I used MUFE Turquoise Matte #72 Eyeshadow (matte vibrant turquoise).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with Beautee Senses Princess false eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Brave New Bronze Lipstick (peachy nude) topped with MAC Naked Space Lipglass (shimmery nude).

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Urban Decay De-slick In A Tube. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe for my face set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark topped with MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage.
I used MUFE Quickie #6 HD Microfinish Blush (salmon pink) for my cheeks.

17 comments:

  1. This has to be one of my favorite looks. I don't think that I am skilled enough to recreate this but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TINA, TINA, TINA, I LOVE IT, JUST BEAUTIFUL,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..just skillful! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!! You always come up with the greatest looks (makeup, shoes, clothes)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful hun..I love love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. How similar to Hi-Def Cyan pigment would you say the MUFE Turquoise shadow is? In this picture it looks like they'd be almost dupes, but sometimes it's so hard to tell in different lights and at different angles.

    This is just insane, but in a good way. It's vibrant and colorful and busy, but it's amazing. I'd love to give this a shot, but I know it would look a total mess on me. So instead I live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when you go full on bright! That's the true Tina <3 you do cut crease like nobody's business!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the look totally awesome thanks for sharing ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ik vind het echt heel mooi. Strak aangebracht. Liefs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love looks that look great whether your eyes are opened or closed. To me that's when you know you really pulled off a great look and you did! Fabulous! I love it!

    www.glamourandlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx Chanel girl. This was I think a medium skill look. Not too bad. I'll see if I can do a tutorial for this one...and not have to split it into two videos.

    Thanks Tysh my luv!

    Thanks Bflybeauty hon.

    Thanks so much Blessed Tresses. I'm coming a long way from my tomboy days :)

    Thanks so much Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thx Amy girl! Blue Cyan and MUFE #72 r pretty close in color but the texture is completely different (even tho they r both matte). Blue Cyan will give u more bang for your buck as far as color payoff and intensity goes. MUFE #72 is more subtle if u can imagine that. I think Blue Cyan can look more neon than MUFE #72 can ever dream to be.

    I bet u wud look great in this look! Don't be nervous about it. U actually look fab in brights from what I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thx saadeh. Brights r my signiture right? Lips r urs! BTW u have to get Toxic Tale from VV...even though u r questioning it. :)

    Thx Sha Sha girl!

    Thx msjay honey.

    Thanks Sabrina.

    Thanks Kalypso sweetie!

    Thx so much Khalia. I must say I agree with u. Some looks r so great closed or open but the other way around they look crazy. I like when it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please YouTube this look

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! this is lovely! i love how it matches your shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>