Sep 30, 2010

'Pride, Vanity and Lust' Look

Pride, Vanity and Lust' Look

This look was inspired by Alejandra from QueenBMakeup. I have admired her work from her early days in the Show Your Face forum on MakeUpGeek and she continues to rock our world on her blog as well as YouTube.

I used a lot of Wet 'n' Wild products this time around to show how great they perform. While I love the eye products I can't say the same for the lip products. I have had major issues when applying the Mega Last® Lip Colors because they creep into lip lines and will not stay put! I think they have great colors but the wear-ability is lacking in these.  

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the entire lid area I applied the matte Light Pink Eyeshadow from the Wet 'n' Wild Lust Palette.
For the outer lid and crease I used the Frosty Bronze Eyeshadow from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
On the outer crease and brow bone area I applied the Yellow Gold Eyeshadow from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
To deepen the outer V I used the Dark red-based Brown Eyeshadow from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
For my highlight I used the Sparkly Ivory Eyeshadow from the Wet 'n' Wild Lust Palette.
For my lower lashline I used the Frosty Dark Blue Eyeshadow - OUTER and the Frosty Forest Green Eyeshadow - INNER from the Wet 'n' Wild Pride Palette.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with MAC Dipdown Fluidline Gel Eyeliner (matte dark brown).
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with Beautee Senses Annie False Eyelashes for effect.




Lips:

POLISH: 
For my lips I used Wet 'n' Wild 900B Pink Suga' Mega Last® Lip Color (creamy light peachy nude) topped with MAC Chai Lipglass (creamy nude).


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 for my face set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage. No blush.

    
  


12 comments:

  1. I love this look tina! you look gorgeous as usual!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this look is gorgeous! i need to get my hands on those WnW palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, this look is seriously gorgeous and I love the pop of blue on the lower lashline :) I also like how you have the yellow gold peeking out on the brow bone - I never would have thought to place gold there. So, so pretty. I am so glad that you are using/reviewing these palettes and I hope the singles are next! I love Penny and Envy so much.

    PS - More bad*ss shoe posts please LOL.

    PPS - Your hair is so lush, healthy, silky, and long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAYUM!!! You even make drugstore products look good. Lol. Awesome color placement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I had to come in here again and comment on how lovely this look is. So much so that I am wearing it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look is so pretty you should have it in your youtube!

    http://live-love-makeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look! I have all of the Wnw palettes now..they are so pigmented! Walgreens has Wnw 50% off this week so great time to pick these up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much maria honey!

    Thanks jilliandanica. Girl go get them! They r even on sale now at Walgreens 50% off (thx Bflybeauty).

    Thx LadyIsALibra. U can add pretty much any color on the browbone for a pop. U should try it out. It's probably better if it's not an intense shade though - more like a light color. I'm glad I picked these up too. I don't usually go for drugstore eyeshadows but I'm so glad I did. I only saw a couple of the singles and I picked up Envy and Brule. I use Brule now constantly. Shoes! Coming right up! LOL! Thx! i have been trying to my hair to this point for a while....now just 10 more inches to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx Nisha girl. These r not ur average drugstore products tho! They r the bomb!

    Thx Wendy hon! I will work on the YouTube vid soon :)

    Thx Bflybeauty girl! And thanks for the heads up on the sale. I just love these palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oeeeeehhh, heel mooi. Vooral je lippen. Zo mooi nude. En de look is echt leuk en soft. Liefs, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I checked out the Greed Palette

    http://kosmetixkrazed.blogspot.com/2010/10/greed-my-color-icon.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Tina!
    I know I'm way late but Wow! Wish you could do some tutorials using the Wet and Wild palettes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>