Sep 12, 2010

'Sweet Tarte' Look

'Sweet Tarte' Look

While going through my stash for the adopt-a-thon I realized that I have neglected my Tarte Treasure Chest from holiday 2009. This is a really great palette and my fingers are crossed that Tarte will debut another one of these for the 2010 holiday season. This is a very simple everyday look that would be perfect for just about anything at all.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the lid I applied a matte light neutral color.
For the outer lid and crease I used a matte medium camel color.
To deepen the outer V I used a matte deep purple color.
For highlight I used a matte light pink color.
I used a shimmery dark purple color for my lower lashline.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Dior Addict Lip Polish in #2.


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear Foundation in Suede 1N for my face. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage. I set my foundation with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used a shimmery peach blush for my cheeks.

Lid                                                         Crease

Outer V                                            Highlight

Lower Lashline

Blush



10 comments:

  1. wow i love it, you look gorgeous <3


    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely neutral look <3 I love that Dior shade on your too. Is it one of the new fall shades?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neutral look with a twist, very pretty !
    Will your international fancy faces be able to take part in your make-up adoption ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice, I likey.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty look. Its like an "anywhere" look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx Christine my dear.

    Thanks Saadeh. I actually liked the simplicity of this look. I may be fancying neutrals now. Nope this Dior is so old...

    Thanks so much Guad. Oh yes! International adoptive stashers are for sure included. There r a lot of countries represented on here and the adoption will be open to all.

    Thx Sharon honey!

    Thanks Tysh. I must say I likey too :)

    Hahahaa! Thx Maria. That's what I said too...I could wear this anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your looks are always awesome. I love the color looks, but really look forward to yor neutrals. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I've been readingvyour blog for months now and this is my first comment. You are very beautiful and I always live your looks. I just want you to know I LOVE you showed the actual color and placement of each shadow. Will you please do this more often? It really simplifies it for those of us that want to recreate the look. Thanks for considering this request. Please do a few more neutral/natural looks too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx Kandra! I think I'm warming up to the neutral looks these days. They r really quick and easy.

    Thx so much for commenting with these sweet words Anonymous. I agree that the product pictures help alot. Unfortunately I am not always able to do this since I take most of my pics away from home so I dont have the products in front of me when I post. But I will try to do it more often when I have time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>