Sep 21, 2010

'Vanity and Greed' Look

'Vanity and Greed' Look

So after sharing my thoughts on the Wet 'n' Wild ColorIcon palettes it's only right that I also shared the look I came up with. I loved working with the eyeshadows from the Vanity and Greed palettes...but Vanity wins the race as far as faves go. Makeup doesn't have to be expensive to look great and work well....always remember that.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
For the inner lid I applied the Light Beige color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
On the middle of the lid I applied the Coral Pink color  from the Wet 'n' Wild Greed Palette.
For the outer lid and outer V I used MAC Cross Cultural Eyeshadow (matte yellow-based dark brown).
On the crease and brow bone area I applied the Creamy Camel color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
For my highlight I used Icy Champagne color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
For my lower lashline I used the Black color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette - outer and the Coral Pink color  from the Wet 'n' Wild Greed Palette - inner.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eyeliner in Black smudged with the Black color from the Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Wet 'n' Wild 903C Just peachy Mega Last lip Color (pinky peach).


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation in #70 for my face set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage.
I used MUFE #9 In the Spotlight HD Microfinish Blush (pinky nude) for my cheeks.

11 comments:

  1. I love that you choose to do a look using a drugstore brand. This is something I can run to the drugstore and buy. It looks really nice too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I overlook this palette but after seeing this look I am about to hit the drug store tonight, LOL, this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!
    You look fab!
    And i loved that you used drugstore products..
    Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty as always..I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing very pretty look will have to give this a shot : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi :) Will you do a video tutorial about shaping (trimming and plucking) those gorgeous eyebrows. 'Cause there's more than just filling them there ...

    Your looks are art, not makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!! I HAVE THE VANITY PALETTE AND I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH IT BUT I DEFINITELY NEED TO CHECK OUT THE GREED PALETTE :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heel mooi. Lekker licht en zomers. Liefs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx Chanel. I have to honest...I don't usually take a second look at drugstore eyeshadows. I may pick up mascara, lip stuff or gel eyeliners but I stick to higher end for my eyeshadows and face products. I'm happy I tried these out tho because these are really great palettes! Also I am weary of drugstore products because they tend to do animal testing...even tho I'm not too much of a activist on that end...

    Thx Tysh girl. U know I probably overlooked these myself many times. I'm an eyeshadow snob but I was proven wrong. These r great for drugstore!

    Thx Sha girl. Let me know if u get them.

    Thx Artemi luv. I'm stepping out of my box with these for sure.

    Thanks Sharon hon.

    Thanks msjay girl. Do u have these? Aren't they fab?

    Thanks Tatiana. I may have to grow my brows out for a few days for that. I tend to maintain daily. But I can do a more in depth brow video soon.

    Thanks Prettybiggirlj. I may need to check out the other palettes myself. But I'm happy with these for neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Just wanted to let you know, I have read some terrible stuff about L'Oreal and their animal testing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>