Sep 28, 2010

'Mint Chocolate' Look

'Mint Chocolate' Look

How are you guys doing? I am so backed up on posts. I have so many reviews and guides in the works that can never seem to get done....urgh!!! I hope to have a few posts up by tonight *fingers crossed* and I want to work on tutorials as well. Please let me know which look or looks you guys want to see a tutorial on so I can get to working. I know I always ask but this time I really really am going to try my darndest to get it done. : )

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner tearduct I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
For the inner lid I applied MAC Aquavert Eyeshadow (shimmery mint green).
On the middle of the lid I applied MAC Newly Minted Eyeshadow (matte sea green).
For the outer lid I used MAC Violet Trance Eyeshadow (matte deep blue purple).
On the crease and brow bone area I applied MAC Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow (matte reddish brown).
For blending and highlight I used MUFE #76 Eyeshadow (matte camel).
For my lower lashline I used Urban Decay Ransom Eyeshadow (iridescent purple) - OUTER and MAC Aquavert Eyeshadow (shimmery mint green) - INNER.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Erotica False Eyelashes for effect.




Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Siss Lipstick (neutral nude) topped with MAC Frankly Fresh Lipglass (pinky nude).


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC45 for my face set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage.
I used MUFE #24 Sculpting Blush (matte fawn) for my cheeks.



16 comments:

  1. I love the way you put your colors together, beautiful, the lipstick looks great, do you use any lipliners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this look. This is colorful but the colors are soft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, both you and your makeup! :)

    http://live-love-makeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! You used a color that just won't act right for me . . . Newly Minted!!! SO pretty in the pan but I can't get it to play nice when I try to incorporate it in looks. Blast! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so pretty and your makeup always look perfect :)

    x Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je lippen hebben zo mooie kleur nu. Die komen nu mooi naar voren. De look is mooi en goed gecombineerd met kleuren. Liefs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooooooooo pretty!

    I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but I love the way you write exactly where each colour is placed and what not - it makes it really easy to replicate your looks. Thanks for that, I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty and I love the way you put colors together! I would like to see tutorials using some of the colors from the Wet n' wild Vanity and Lust palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my faves from you ever (though u never do wrong)...and your eyebrows are so perfect!

    Also, I think that Siss lipstick is the perfect nude for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look is awesome per usual. I was wondering, how are you liking the Pro LongWear Foundation so far?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa....I totally missed responding to these comments. My bad my dears!

    Thx Tysh my dear! I never use lipliners. I have them but I never take the time to use them. Lips are like a step child for me. They get the least attenton. Plus my lips r off my lunch time :)

    Thx Chanel hon. I liked that the colors were soft too but still colorful.

    Thanks Marinad.

    Thanks Live.Love.MakeUp.

    Thx Nisha. I agree with u...Newly Minted takes some work! I find that with most of MAC's matte eyeshadows tho so I wasn't bothered by it. Just pack that baby on with a 239 brush.

    Thanks so much Danielitsa.

    Thanks Christine. *Blush*

    Thnaks Kalypso honey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Arezu hon. I'm so glad the details help! That was my whole reason for doing my 'look' posts this way. This way anyone can replicate the look. I think the next step for me are pics of products but that takes so much time and I bearly have enough time to do these post as is. :)

    Thx Danielle sweets!

    Thanks Tasha. I added another look today and I will work on tutorials soon.

    Thanks Saadeh girlie! I liked this look too. I really need to get a real mint eyeshadow color tho. I'm on the hunt. And I love Siss! That plus Brave New Bronze are my fave nudes hands down.

    Thanx favorisntfair honey bun. I'm about to do a review on it but just a heads up...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. behind on posting? i'm bhind on reading. LOL
    love the look. i'm really loving the lip combo too! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>