Mar 10, 2010

'Platinum Ice' Look

'Platinum Ice' Look

For this look, I went for a defined crease. I also 'foiled' Platinum Pigment on the lid but of course the pigment smudged onto the crease and messed up the sharp crease. Oh well...I still wanted to share...

P.S. Just in case...'foiled' is a term that is used when pigments are applied wet using a liquid mixing medium (water, mixing medium, eye-drops, etc).


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid up to the brow bone. Then I applied MAC Painterly Paintpot as a base all over my lid up into the crease.
 
COLOR:
I defined the crease with NARS China Blue Eyeshadow (matte navy).
To blend out the crease line and add to the gradient effect I used MAC Marine Ultra Pigment (matte bright navy).
On the brow-bone I applied Illamasqua Anja Eyeshadow (matte sky blue) to further diffuse the blue gradient.
Above that, I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
Next on the entire lid I foiled MAC Platinum Pigment (metallic platinum).
On the lower lashline I used the NARS China Blue Eyeshadow and Illamasqua Anja Eyeshadow.
 
BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked and MAC Showstopper Eyeshadow.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Cream Eyeliner in black. I used MAC Plushlash Mascara for my lashes and applied Beautee Sense Erotica Eyelashes.


Face:

LIPS:
MAC Victorian Lipstick and MAC Lustreglass in Ensign.

FINISH:
I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe with MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NC45 under my eyes. I set with MAC Loose Blot Powder in Dark. No blush (forgot).



7 comments:

  1. Girl I can't take it, your skills are crazy, as you can tell I enjoy your blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Tysh u rock girl!
    I love that I can share my (crazy) creations and there are ppl that can appreciate it!
    My heart swells everytime I read a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your shirt matches your eyeshadow -- I was planning on doing that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ebi! I hope u match tomorrow :)
    It's so fun...altho some ppl claim it's a faux pas..beh to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just curious if you wear these looks to work and if so what do your co workers say? Love your looks by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeee heee! It's so funny that u say that Andrea. I wear these looks to work everyday. My pics r usually from my cubicle. LOL!
    My coworkers actually think it's fun...some keep up with the blog actually... :)
    We try not to be too serious or boring in the office....except when we meet with clients...

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING!!! I want to recreate this look very very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>