Mar 16, 2010

My Must Have Beauty Products

My Must Have Beauty Products

I thought I would do a post on my MUST HAVE beauty products. These are the items that I have-to-have either at home or when I travel.

Let's start off with my BASIC BEAUTY TOOLS:

Tweezers - I use Tweezerman Slanted Tweezers for general upkeep of my brows. They are nicely pointed and grab hair easily - even the fine hard-to-see or stubborn short hairs.

Brow Scissors - For trimming my brows, I use Tweezerman Brow Shaping Scissors. These scissors are small, sharp and easy to use for precise trimming.

Cotton Pads - I use these for general makeup removal and for applying toner to my face.

Cotton Swabs or Q-Tips - I use these for detailed cleanup such as removing makeup mistakes or fallout from under my eyes or to make a sharp line at the outer edge of my eyeshadow.

Next let's go into SKINCARE and MAKEUP REMOVAL. For me these two coexist.

Cleanser - I use Shiseido Pureness Foaming Cleansing Fluid for general makeup removal and cleansing my face every morning and night. There is no other for me.


Toner -  For toner I use two products, one for day and one for night. My night-time regimen is more intense than daytime because I renew at night and maintain during the day.During the day I use Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener Alcohol-Free to keep the oil at bay and at night I use Shiseido The Skincare Hydro Nourishing Softener for the added moisture.

Moisturizer - For moisturizer I also use two products, one for day and one for night. I use Make Up For Ever HD Elixir for my daily moisturizer/primer since it dries fast and leaves my skin hydrated without being oily. I use Shiseido The Skincare Multi-Energizing Cream for my nightly moisturizer for an extra boost of moisture.

Makeup Remover - I use two things for this - MAC Wipes and Cleanse Off Oil. The MAC wipes are perfect for removing any excess makeup left over after cleansing or for cleanup during makeup application. I use MAC Cleanse Off Oil for stubborn waterproof makeup for when my eyelids feel a bit too dry.

Now on to my BASIC MAKEUP ESSENTIALS. These are what I use everyday...or almost everyday.

Foundation - I alternate between NARS Sheer Glow Foundation when I want lightweight coverage and I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid for a little bit more coverage. Both work well for my skin type and blend easily into my skin.


Powder - I use MAC Blot Powder or MAC Loose Blot Powder to set my foundation and to zap oil throughout the day.




Eyebrows - For my eyebrows I use MAC Brow Pencil in Spiked or Stud. I have always used these and will forever use them until they are discontinued (hopefully never).


Mascara - My go to is MAC Plushlash for volume and length.



Eyeliner - I use two different products for my waterline and upper lashline. For my waterline I use Loreal HIP Creme Eyeliner for it's staying power. For the upper lashline I use Wet 'n' Wild Creme Eyeliner which is soft and goes on smoothly on the upper lashline but doesn't stay on my waterline. 


Eyeshadow Primer - To prime my lids for eyeshadow I use Urban Decay Primer Potion. This prevents creasing and keeps the eyeshadow looking fresh all day. I also use a base but this changes with each look. My bases can be anything from MAC Paintpots to MUFE Aqua Cream Colors.

Brow Highlight - My go to highlight is MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow. This color is universal for all skintones and works well with almost any look.

Blending Color - For my skintone, the best blending color I have found is Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow. I use this to blend harsh lines above my crease, for an all over lid color or sometimes as a highlight. A great blending color is key to great eyeshadow application.

5 comments:

  1. You are going to put me in trouble, why I just got the Nude shadow from Sephora, love it, and the next purchase will be the Shiseido face products, damn it.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee heee! Glad u like it Tysh! I would never steer u wrong...Shiseido is all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner. I bought it on your recommendation though I use it on my upper lash line. Man that stuff does not budge and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Janel! That is fantastic! I just never know if ppl will like the same things I do but I'm happy to hear it works for u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I just got done reading your Must Have Brushes post. Do you ever have a price limit on beauty products as I know some of the brushes mentioned were over $30. Just wanted to know....Thanks for being a great beauty inspiration....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>