Mar 16, 2010

My Must Have Beauty Products

My Must Have Beauty Products

I thought I would do a post on my MUST HAVE beauty products. These are the items that I have-to-have either at home or when I travel.

Let's start off with my BASIC BEAUTY TOOLS:

Tweezers - I use Tweezerman Slanted Tweezers for general upkeep of my brows. They are nicely pointed and grab hair easily - even the fine hard-to-see or stubborn short hairs.

Brow Scissors - For trimming my brows, I use Tweezerman Brow Shaping Scissors. These scissors are small, sharp and easy to use for precise trimming.

Cotton Pads - I use these for general makeup removal and for applying toner to my face.

Cotton Swabs or Q-Tips - I use these for detailed cleanup such as removing makeup mistakes or fallout from under my eyes or to make a sharp line at the outer edge of my eyeshadow.

Next let's go into SKINCARE and MAKEUP REMOVAL. For me these two coexist.

Cleanser - I use Shiseido Pureness Foaming Cleansing Fluid for general makeup removal and cleansing my face every morning and night. There is no other for me.

Toner -  For toner I use two products, one for day and one for night. My night-time regimen is more intense than daytime because I renew at night and maintain during the day.During the day I use Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener Alcohol-Free to keep the oil at bay and at night I use Shiseido The Skincare Hydro Nourishing Softener for the added moisture.

Moisturizer - For moisturizer I also use two products, one for day and one for night. I use Make Up For Ever HD Elixir for my daily moisturizer/primer since it dries fast and leaves my skin hydrated without being oily. I use Shiseido The Skincare Multi-Energizing Cream for my nightly moisturizer for an extra boost of moisture.

Makeup Remover - I use two things for this - MAC Wipes and Cleanse Off Oil. The MAC wipes are perfect for removing any excess makeup left over after cleansing or for cleanup during makeup application. I use MAC Cleanse Off Oil for stubborn waterproof makeup for when my eyelids feel a bit too dry.

Now on to my BASIC MAKEUP ESSENTIALS. These are what I use everyday...or almost everyday.

Foundation - I alternate between NARS Sheer Glow Foundation when I want lightweight coverage and I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid for a little bit more coverage. Both work well for my skin type and blend easily into my skin.

Powder - I use MAC Blot Powder or MAC Loose Blot Powder to set my foundation and to zap oil throughout the day.

Eyebrows - For my eyebrows I use MAC Brow Pencil in Spiked or Stud. I have always used these and will forever use them until they are discontinued (hopefully never).

Mascara - My go to is MAC Plushlash for volume and length.

Eyeliner - I use two different products for my waterline and upper lashline. For my waterline I use Loreal HIP Creme Eyeliner for it's staying power. For the upper lashline I use Wet 'n' Wild Creme Eyeliner which is soft and goes on smoothly on the upper lashline but doesn't stay on my waterline. 

Eyeshadow Primer - To prime my lids for eyeshadow I use Urban Decay Primer Potion. This prevents creasing and keeps the eyeshadow looking fresh all day. I also use a base but this changes with each look. My bases can be anything from MAC Paintpots to MUFE Aqua Cream Colors.

Brow Highlight - My go to highlight is MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow. This color is universal for all skintones and works well with almost any look.

Blending Color - For my skintone, the best blending color I have found is Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow. I use this to blend harsh lines above my crease, for an all over lid color or sometimes as a highlight. A great blending color is key to great eyeshadow application.


  1. You are going to put me in trouble, why I just got the Nude shadow from Sephora, love it, and the next purchase will be the Shiseido face products, damn it.... LOL

  2. Heee heee! Glad u like it Tysh! I would never steer u wrong...Shiseido is all that!

  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner. I bought it on your recommendation though I use it on my upper lash line. Man that stuff does not budge and I love it!

  4. I'm so glad Janel! That is fantastic! I just never know if ppl will like the same things I do but I'm happy to hear it works for u!

  5. Awesome! I just got done reading your Must Have Brushes post. Do you ever have a price limit on beauty products as I know some of the brushes mentioned were over $30. Just wanted to know....Thanks for being a great beauty inspiration....


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.