Aug 20, 2010

'Lady Gaga Vanity Fair' Look

'Lady Gaga Vanity Fair' Look

As you can tell from the title I was inspired by a look Lady Gaga was wearing on a Vanity Fair magazine cover. It's a very soft look which makes her look so polished and refined (which I prefer on her). I must say that I now realize that it's not that I don't like neutral looks but rather that I don't like neutral brown looks. This is a great neutral look but it uses pink and purple tones and I really like it. I amped up the lips a bit more than what Gaga is wearing just because...

Inspiration

My Version

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base and MAC Girl Friendly Paintpot (matte light pink) just on my brow bone as a secondary base.

COLOR:
For the inner tear duct area I applied MAC Crystal Avalanche Eyeshadow (white with silver reflects).
On the lid I applied MAC Vapour Eyeshadow (soft pale peachy-pink duochrome).
Then on the brow bone I applied MAC Yogurt Eyeshadow (matte soft pink).
In the outer brow bone area I also added MAC Pen and Pink Eyeshadow (matte light pink).
For the outer lid I applied MAC Bark Eyeshadow (matte purple brown).
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink).
I used MAC Sketch Eyeshadow (velvet burgundy) for my lower lashline.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with MAC #7 false eyelashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC I Like It Like That Lipstick topped with MAC Melt In Your Mouth Cremesheen Glass.


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe mixed with MUFE All Mat Primer. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage. I set my foundation with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre (light purple pink) for my cheeks and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for highlight and contour.

And what??!! I'm going to the lab looking fab! LOL!

19 comments:

  1. mooi mooi mooi. Staat je goed.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never comment. But I've been following your blog since February/March and I LOVE this look! Very soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is beautiful I don't really like neutrals myself think I may have to bust out the crystal avalance you look great as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL your hilarious Tina! Love this look, and I'm a HUGEEE Lady Gaga fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you been rocking dem neutrals!! Wear it "loud" and where it "proud".....loving the fierce pink lips also (I'm still running from those bold lips)

    http://shadespromakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love Lady Gaga :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the eyeshadow combination, it looks so polished and feminine. Lol at that last pic :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, you did a great job! I loved this photoshoot too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty as usual and I love those shades!! Check out my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love gaga & your version is dead on. PS I see you stuntin' in those shades ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I I can do my eye make up but can't do my foundation or eyebrows, arrrggg! I need to stop being lazy and try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love e look so beautiful n gorj Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look Tina! I WANT THOSE EARRINGS! Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much Kalypso!

    Thanks Candice. Nice to see u come out of hiding :). I like the softness of this look too.

    Thx Tysh girl. U know I dont like neutrals either but there is something I like about subtle colors. Hmmmm....wud u believe it was my first time using my Crystal Avalanche?

    Thx Jen. Go Gaga!

    Thanks Olivia sweets! U need to get into the brighter lips girl. I bet they wud look great on u!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thx Jonna. Gaga is cool.

    Thanks Saadeh. That's what I thought too. So soft and feminine. I don't mind these kids of neutrals.

    Thx Robyn. I thought the photoshot was so creative!

    Thanks Danielle honey!

    Thx Miryam! LOL @ me and my lab shades.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks peaches hon!

    Thx Angelys. Don't worry hon just practise. It takes some effort and time to get foundation and brows right...esp. brows.

    Thanks so much Sharon.

    Thx Kellie! I stole those from my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. First off, you are gorgeous and your makeup is always flawless!! definitely inspiring. But I just wanted to comment on your earrings in this look, they're fab and i luv 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>