Aug 9, 2010

'Coconut Chamomile' Look

'Coconut Chamomile' Look

It's me again! Yippee! And with a neutral look at that. This look uses one of the new eyeshadows from the NARS Fall Collection - Coconut Grove. This eyeshadow is truly a great dark dark matte brown (I do mean dark) eyeshadow that is perfect for smokey looks and even for filling in eyebrows.

And....I had a very unfortunate Nanny McPhee weekend...don't mind the scar on my nose.... : (

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Groundwork Paintpot (satin neutral taupe) all over my lid and up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner lid and inner tear-duct area I applied MAC Chamomille Eyeshadow (satin light yellow beige).
For the middle of the lid I applied MAC Modelette Eyeshadow (satin medium brown).
On the outer lid and crease I applied MAC Cross Cultural Eyeshadow (matte medium-dark brown).

To darken the outer V I used NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte dark brown).
For blending and highlight I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte dark brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with MAC Dipdown Fluidline gel eyeliner (dark brown).
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow on my outer lower lashline.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used Kat Von D Lipstick in Mi Vida Loca (dark orange brown).


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe mixed with MUFE All Mat Primer. I used  MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Melba Blush (matte coral-peach) for my cheeks.

Curse all pimples to hell!!!

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love all your facial expressions. Lol! I don't see any pimples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you match your makeup to your outfit!

    You are really good in makeup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! LOL @ the last photo. & "nanny mcphee". LOL thanks for sharing Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your bright looks, but this neutral look is just so, so gorgeous!

    swatchcat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this look & that Kat Von D lipstick. Does it stay on for awhile? I always pass up her lipstick although I do love her products. & There's no pimplesss. Your face is flawless!! :)

    I just made a blog of my own....check me out!!! http://santanamaria.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING THIS LOOK U LOOK AMAZING! N THAT LIP COLOR IS GORGEOUS! ;)

    YOURZTRULYJESS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful neutral look,T!!! I love it. I'm gaga for the lipstick. I'll have to check that out at Sephora! Missed ya. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and simple!

    http://live-love-makeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look!! and the facial expressions :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx so much rmcandlelight. That bad little pimple is right on th etip of my nose. Blast him!

    Thx Bunny! I'm a matcher! So much for that faux pas right?

    Thanks Sha girl! That's what the bf called me with my huge pimple...Nanny McPhee! LOL! W ehad fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx swatch. U know I love my brights too. But ever so often I do a neutral for u guys. My own neutral is just a bare face really.

    Thx Santana. Te Kat Von D lipsticks r nice and stay on pretty well but I must warn they can get dry so u have to keep gloss handy to top it off. Good luck with the blog hon and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jess. I love darker browns on my lips. I must search for more.

    Thanx Nisha. It's so good to know I was missed. Kat Von D's lipsticks r definitely worth a look for sure!

    Thx Amina :)

    Thanks cat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>