Aug 19, 2010

'Egyptian Gold' Look

'Egyptian Gold' Look

So I decided to try something new with this one. I went for an Egyptian inspired look with an Arabic touch and a bit of smoky thrown in. It took me a bit longer than normal to perfect it but considering that it was a new for me...I guess it wasn't too bad. Beware though...the white on the lower waterline looks very weird in the pictures...hence why i stay away from a white waterline.

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and on my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
For the inner tear duct area I applied MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (shimmery champagne).
On the lid I applied MAC Melon Pigment - wet (shimmery golden peach).
Then I applied Urban Decay Half Baked Eyeshadow (shimmery rich gold) over the pigment layer.
For the outer lid and along the lashline I applied Kat Von D Leather Eyeshadow (matte black).
For blending and on the browbone I used Smashbox Nude Eyeshadow (matte nude).
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower lashline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used Inglot #76 Gel Eyeliner (matte white) for my lower waterline.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with MAC #7 false eyelashes for effect.
Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Brave New Bronze Lipstick topped with MAC Chai Lipglass.

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe mixed with MUFE All Mat Primer. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Melba Blush (matte soft coral-peach ) for my cheeks and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for highlight and contour.


I overdid it on the pics so if you want to see more...continue after the break....


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I think it's one of my top three favorite looks of yours! I came across your blog one day when I googled Sugar Pill and loved it ever since. It's great to see a WOC (especially since you're my complexion lol!) run a lovely beauty blog.. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, I will try today! Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is so beautifull. I love it. Í'm surely going to try this look by myself.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. U were on a roll with the camera love it the liner looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous girl! Love the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. u r really beautiful...love love e look

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are sooo so gorgeous and your makeup is absolutely flawless! Love this look ♥
    ~Stephanie :)
    stephaniebakerxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>