Aug 11, 2010

'Tequila Sunset' Look

'Tequila Sunset' Look


I implore all of you, do NOT get NARS Daphne Eyeshadow! What a pain to work with! This is one of those eyeshadows that give mattes a bad name. The color payoff is just awful even with a base. It applies patchy and takes packing and building like no other. I was intrigued by the color and thought for sure that the dry swatch was just being unfair but...geez! I would substitute MUFE #92 or Sugarpill Poison Plum for this. Anywho...onto the look...

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Painterly Paintpot (matte pinky beige) all over my lid and up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the first half of the lid and inner tear-duct area I applied MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory).
For the outer half of the lid I applied NARS Daphne Eyeshadow (matte purple).
In the crease I applied Sugarpill Dollipop Eyeshadow (matte bright pink).
On the browbone I applied Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow (matte yellow).
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked and MAC Showstopper Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown).

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
I used MAC Landscape Green Chromagraphic Eyeliner Pencil (matte grass green) on my lower lashline.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes with Beautee Senses Princess false eyelashes for effect.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC English Accents Lipglass.


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used I used Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Foundation in Suede 1N mixed with MAC Prep and Prime Skin. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark. I used MAC Stark Naked Beauty Powder Blush (pink with gold pearl) for my cheeks.


Another GREAT day at work...

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it was a pain for you it looks amazing. You got some skills. Love your camera. I just love those facial expressions. The last one is how I feel at work. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love youe end pics..I feel like that at work all the time!! this is a amazing look..I love how bight and vivid the colors are..I soo want MUFE 92 or sugar pill posion plum

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU for posting this! I have to make this my look for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's how I look at work everyday! LOL! Beautiful look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the look is gorgeous! thanks for the heads up about that daphne, b/c it was sure on my wishlist! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ADORE this colour combo! And I'll make sure to avoid that eyeshadow like the plague :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg this look blew me away...Tina u so beautiful,gorgeous n talented hun,love ur blog....I have to give this a try lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am from turkey and i like your makeup pictures.you look so fantastic this one is really good

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>