Aug 11, 2010

'Buck Naked' Look

'Buck Naked' Look

Yep! I said it! Buck Naked! Oooohhh laaaa laaaa! LOL!

This is a look using the new Urban Decay Naked Palette. I also did a tutorial which is attached to the end of the post. This is a simple but spicy neutral look that is great for everyday wear, back-to-school or to the office.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte beige) all over my lid and up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tear-duct area I applied UD Virgin Eyeshadow (shimmery light champagne).
For the middle of the lid I applied UD Half Baked Eyeshadow (shimmery gold).
On the outer lid and crease I applied UD Smog Eyeshadow (matte bright pink).
To darken the outer V I used a mix of UD Hustle (shimmery dark brown) and UD Creep (shimmery dark grey) Eyeshadows.
On the browbone and blending I used UD Buck Eyeshadow (matte medium nude).
For highlight I used UD Naked Eyeshadow (matte light nude).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with UD 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Zero.
I used UD Half Baked and Smog Eyeshadows on my lower lashline.
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes.


Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Wind Me Up Dare To Wear Lipglass.


Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe mixed with MUFE All Mat Primer. I used MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MUFE #24 Sculpting  Blush (matte dark orange rose) for my cheeks.

Get NAKED!

Video Tutorial

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Tina! I know you're a bold color gal, but the neutrals look good on you too :) Not boring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty I must get this palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great look!! ur blending is amazing..I can not wait to get this palette and UD is coming out with a book of shadows III!! I think UD might beat out mac for me right now

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Those neutrals look great on you! There's no look you can't pull off girl, very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just super lovely Tina!! thanks for this post! i see that you switch up foundations every now and again...do you have a favorite? which would you recommend ??? i havent been wearing foundation very long so im still learning all about it. so far my favs are macs studio fix fluid & mufe hd foundation...nars gave me an ashy look :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx Artemis. This is a superb neutral palette for sure but nothing beats my brights :) Heee heee!

    Thx Fashionista. Yes u HAVE to get this! So worth it.

    Thx blazeno. How's it going hon?

    Thanks RN. This palette is a must have. I don't usualy get the UD Book of Shadows...I get the singles instead because the BOS get very bulky. But the BOS III has fab colors.

    Thx Jen my sweet. I'm getting into the groove of neutrals but colors still have my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Maria. I have a bunch of foundations in my arsenal including MAC, NARS, Lancome and MUFE. My fave for a flawless look is the NARS Sheer Glow and for light wear I love Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear. I still love MAC Studio Fix Fluid and MUFE Mat Velvet and HD though but if forced to choose I would go with the above as stated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tina..
    Superb TALENT and you are beautiful!!!
    Your bubbly personality is also great..Keep doing you!!
    Question: Have you ever tried Bobbi Brown foundations?? Can you please give some insight about her foundations and what do you honestly think about them??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey T! Thanks so much for your kind words and sweet compliments hon. I will try :)

    I have not tried any of Bobbi Brown's products to be honest. I just shy away everytime I see the price tag. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely beautiful...me likey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look so much I tried it today. It's so simple but still makes a statement. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>