Aug 2, 2010

MAC Digi Pop Dazzle Lipsticks - Thoughts...

MAC Digi Pop Dazzle Lipsticks - Thoughts...



MAC and Nordstrom have teamed up to bring us the Digi Pop Collection that is now available at all Nordstrom stores. The collection includes an assortment of products including Dazzleglasses, iPalettes (just customizable refillable eyeshadow palettes), Looks in a Box (a box containing cheek, lip and eye products for a complete look), Brush Browsers (a collection of short handled MAC Face or Eye brushes) and of course the brand new Dazzle Lipsticks which sports the glittery new formula.

Nothing about this collection was particularly interesting to me except the Dazzle Lipsticks. What makes these so different? So I checked them out on a recent trip to Nordstrom.




Source: M.A.C. Digi Dazzle collectie at Joliette.be ? Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

 

Dazzle Lipstick ($14.00 U.S . / $16.50 CDN)

  • Liquid Lurex Tarnished golden (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Smash Hit White beige (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Infused with Glam Copper brown (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Wham Plum brown (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Glaringly Hip Light Peach (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Sweet Bits Light lavender pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Hot Sass Bright orange (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Win-Win Light pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Naughty You Neon Pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Troublemaker Magenta (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Snazzy Deep plum (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Hellraiser Light lavender (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
  • Baby’s On Fire Deep Red (Pearl) (Limited Edition)

I only picked up one of these because....I don't like them...not my personal taste at all. I got one for sentimental value and collection reasons but otherwise I would not have gotten any of them.

If you love glitter and dazzle on your lips then these are perfect for you. Otherwise stay away. They are pretty and all but I don't think these are suitable for everyday wear or for the more mature (read older like myself) crowd. Maybe for Halloween or teenagers or to play dress up...

These are full on glitter lipsticks! Think disco ball lips! And the glitter stays until you scrub your face off with washcloth or makeup wipe.

Not for me but if you this is your speed then they are fabulous. I prefer the toned down version that the new Dare To Wear lipglasses offer. Same concept but more customizable to glitter preference. Let me know how you guys like these...



Naughty You - Neon Pink (Pearl)

Naughty me? Not at all!



10 comments:

  1. glitter is totally my thing, especially when i go out at night. i think the naughty you is hot i would love to have it. even though its not up your alley, i think the lipstick suits you well. so im guessing this won't be at mac counters? only nordstrom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I think naughty looks fabulous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love glitter on my lips but something about these turned me off. I didn't like the glitter with the lipstick. Dazzleglass I like a lot but this combination was not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, I only picked up Hellraiser just to try. I wonder how often I will wear it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing on your lips. The concept of glitter lipstick is a real turn off! I agree w/ Vixxan. I love to add a lil' pizazz w/ dazzleglass @ my discretion. I was afraid these would be gritty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hot Sass, the Orange one. I picked up that, Naughty You, and Smash Hit.

    Naughty You doesn't work that well for me. It looks really uneven on my lips. Smash Hit is better on top of other colours, but Hot Sass is awesome on it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx so much lovelies. I do think this lipstick looks nice on the lips in pictures but it person you can see the glitter and it's a bit much...esp. in sunlight. I think Dazzleglasses, Superglasses and the Dare To Wear Lipglasses are nicer for glittery lips.

    Hey KayKay. These are just for u hon. They r now available at MAC Pro and will be at MAC counters later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tina!
    Just discovered your blog and I love it !!
    It's really interesting !
    xoxo
    Stéphanie

    http://stephanieblogmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks pretty on ya...but myself I have to pass these coz Im not a big fan of glittery lipstick or gloss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>