MAC Digi Pop Dazzle Lipsticks - Thoughts...
MAC and Nordstrom have teamed up to bring us the Digi Pop Collection that is now available at all Nordstrom stores. The collection includes an assortment of products including Dazzleglasses, iPalettes (just customizable refillable eyeshadow palettes), Looks in a Box (a box containing cheek, lip and eye products for a complete look), Brush Browsers (a collection of short handled MAC Face or Eye brushes) and of course the brand new Dazzle Lipsticks which sports the glittery new formula.
Nothing about this collection was particularly interesting to me except the Dazzle Lipsticks. What makes these so different? So I checked them out on a recent trip to Nordstrom.
Source: M.A.C. Digi Dazzle collectie at Joliette.be ? Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
Dazzle Lipstick ($14.00 U.S . / $16.50 CDN)
- Liquid Lurex Tarnished golden (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Smash Hit White beige (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Infused with Glam Copper brown (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Wham Plum brown (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Glaringly Hip Light Peach (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Sweet Bits Light lavender pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Hot Sass Bright orange (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Win-Win Light pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Naughty You Neon Pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Troublemaker Magenta (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Snazzy Deep plum (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Hellraiser Light lavender (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Baby’s On Fire Deep Red (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
I only picked up one of these because....I don't like them...not my personal taste at all. I got one for sentimental value and collection reasons but otherwise I would not have gotten any of them.
If you love glitter and dazzle on your lips then these are perfect for you. Otherwise stay away. They are pretty and all but I don't think these are suitable for everyday wear or for the more mature (read older like myself) crowd. Maybe for Halloween or teenagers or to play dress up...
These are full on glitter lipsticks! Think disco ball lips! And the glitter stays until you scrub your face off with washcloth or makeup wipe.
Not for me but if you this is your speed then they are fabulous. I prefer the toned down version that the new Dare To Wear lipglasses offer. Same concept but more customizable to glitter preference. Let me know how you guys like these...
Naughty You - Neon Pink (Pearl)
Naughty me? Not at all!